Boynton Inlet Park

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iluvtheocean

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I was up this past weekend at Boynton Inlet Park for one reason or another. I was wondering if diving was allowed there and if so anything worth seeing? the sign said submerged rocks. The large pipe in the air is the demarcation for the lifeguarded area vs non.

my back isn't healed yet so i wasn't going to risk investigating on my own at the time. Any info is appreciated.

I was up this past weekend at Boynton Inlet Park for one reason or another. I was wondering if diving was allowed there and if so anything worth seeing? the sign said submerged rocks. The large pipe in the air is the demarcation for the lifeguarded area vs non.

my back isn't healed yet so i wasn't going to risk investigating on my own at the time. Any info is appreciated.

There "was" a bunch of good rocks years ago, around 70 yards out off the beach....pretty close to where many small boats run on the approach or exits......So the issue now, is first if all the dredging has buried the life that was once pretty cool....and 2nd, how you can dive out there without being run over and propped into hamburger.....we used to do this off of Splashdown Dive Charters sometimes, as a short last dive after a 2 tank dive....and Lynn of Splashdown would use the big diveboat to scare off any butt-heads in boats that did not know what a dive flag meant--or were not looking, as is often the case.....Also know...that at 25 or 30 mph, you only get to see a divers flag for a few seconds from when it starts to appear through the waves..and then the boat is on top of the flag.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom