BP/W combo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue sparkle, good points about the type of diving, but we need to look at the BP/W as merely a platform. A basic BP/W will take you everywhere you need to go underwater. The BP/W can go from bare bones to the the most extreme diving conditions.

I had a relatively new diver with me today who needed to borrow equipment form me. She had only dove the traditional jacket style bc and all i had was a BP/W to lend her. She stated after the dive she felt "free" after using it. She has decided to go with a BP/W after just two dives. I gave her no prodding or opinion either way.

The best part of a BP/W is a solid setup will take you through your diving experinces wherever it may take you.

Take the aqualung pearl for example. Its gonna cost ya 500bux and is good for singles only. Say in a coule of years you want to start diving doubles you are gonna have to buy a BP/W which will run ya another 400. Had ya just bought a BP/W from the start you would just have to get a larger wing, maybe.

The point is for a serious diver the BP/W is absolutley the best and most versitile platform. However, PADI, NAUI, Aqualung, Scubapro, Cressi, etc doesnt want the new diver to know that cause they need to get paid too...

Just sayin, D

D,

I dive with a backplate/wing, which I bought "from the start."

But, before I bought it I did some consideration of what my planned diving was for the immediate future, and then made some calculations, and from those decided which type of plate and what size wing. I just wasn't getting that sense from the OP in this thread, given the information she provided.

Blue Sparkle

PS: Although I don't necessarily think everyone should choose what I do - to each their own; my dive buddy is very happy in a Zeagle Stilleto.

D,

I dive with a backplate/wing, which I bought "from the start." (Although I don't necessarily think everyone should choose what I do - to each their own.)

But, before I bought it I did some consideration of what my planned diving was for the immediate future, and then made some calculations, and from those decided which type of plate and what size wing. I just wasn't getting that sense from the OP in this thread, given the information she provided.

Blue Sparkle

Agreed... Just was a bit murked (not by you) about someones opinions and comments.

To the original poster please feel free to IM me or somebody qualified to direct you if you have some specific questions....

Thanks, D

Thanks guys for sticking up for me. I know I'm not an expert which is why I asked for help :) Thanks for all the feedback!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom