Bracket tray problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike Waymire

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a Sealife DC 600 camera with double strobes. For the price, I'm fairly happy with the camera. The only element of the system giving me problems is the strobe bracket tray. Even though I've been babying it, it has cracked on me twice. I've been looking on-line for a universal bracket tray that will hold up better. I don't want to buy new arms or strobes. I just want a decent tray. If anyone has suggestions, I'd be grateful.

Mike,
I had the same problems. I went to a plastics fab shop and bought a piece of 3/8' HDPE plastic. Unbolted all the "gear" off of the factory plate. Configured the plate with the gear...added a handle from an old Ikelite housing. Next step grabbed my palm sander and shaped the edges and smoothed it out. Also added a clip for my UK light for the night dives. As you will notice I have broken my lens shoe...it still works. I wish they would make them out of stronger plastic.

Good Luck,
U/O

Attachments

• DC500.JPG
    DC500.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 32
  • DC500A.JPG
    DC500A.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 42
Great idea! I thought it might come down to fabricating something. You wouldn't believe how much Sealife charges for a new bracket. Geez! What racket! Thanks for taking the time to send your response with pictures. This helps a lot. Time to find a plastics shop. Happy diving Ogre!

No worries...let me know if you need anymore help. I remembered you will have to get creative when mounting the camera to the bracket.

Have fun,
U/O

Back
Top Bottom