Brazil, Sao Paolo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amitsi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi, Has anyone dived in Sao Paolo, brazil what's the best place to dive? and is it worth an extra effort ....???

Tried searching on google not a lot of info :confused:

~a :coffee:

I just answered the other thread you started on the same subject.

Hello -

Going to Sao Paolo for work 29 April - 5 May. Am free Sat, 4 May and Sun, 5 May. Where did you end up diving - do you recommend it?

Cheers,
Chrissy

Hello -

Going to Sao Paolo for work 29 April - 5 May. Am free Sat, 4 May and Sun, 5 May. Where did you end up diving - do you recommend it?

Cheers,
Chrissy

Hey Chrissy, :coffee:

Quick answer is no, I didn't get to dive...the long answer is

I wanted:

A decent dive site where there was some marine life + I dive in Northern CA so I am very modest with vis and even 15+ feet would be ok with me + English Speaking Operator who could take me for a day trip and bring me back safely.

I was told all the good dive sites are near Rio + It's unsafe to venture outside of Sao Paolo City on my own + Vis would suck

The shore is quite far away from Sao Paolo, I tried finding a local dive shop which speaks English and would take me there on a day trip and bring me back and was safe....In the end I just thought it was too much hassle just to get 3 dives in..... I plan to go there again next year but to Rio, I will get some dives out there....

I did save these links though....See if you can make it here to ubatuba

Diving Dive Center Omnimare Esportes Nauticos
Sao Paulo Coast to Rio, Brazil
Narwhal Mergulho
Kokasub - Dive Center

Do let me know if you do get some dives in with one of these guys and post the pics :)

Cheers,

Amit

Many thanks Amit,

Much appreciated - booking my trip today! Appreciate the feedback too. Couldn't find much online or in books either.

PS. Originally from S. CA and went to school in N. CA! Enjoy the great weather - we're still wearing coats in NY.

Cheers,
Chrissy

Many thanks Amit,

Much appreciated - booking my trip today! Appreciate the feedback too. Couldn't find much online or in books either.

PS. Originally from S. CA and went to school in N. CA! Enjoy the great weather - we're still wearing coats in NY.

Cheers,
Chrissy

Yes it's not much of a place to dive but if you do make it to any of those places do send pics :D

Ah cool where in N.CA?, Yes, do love the weather :eyebrow: wouldn't live anywhere else!

I don't know about the scuba diving in the area but I sure had one hell of a good time in Rio back in the 70' during a two-day stop-over while flying to Zimbabwe.

Unfortunately, my diving trip was cancelled last minute due to bad weather. But, I booked my Laje de Santos diving trip with Scafo Mergulho, SCAFO .:::::::. Mergulhos Radicais .:::::::. or (11) 4990 8966. They were very accommodating, responsive and hospitable - they arranged for one of the dive masters to bring me from Sao Paulo to Santos. Recommend them. Ask for Reinaldo or Emerson (Erme).

Will be in the Grand Caymans in 2 weeks - will send pics then. Thanks everyone!

Chrissy

PS - Amitsi, went to Cal so lived in Berkeley!

Well I missed this thread when relevant to the people who started it but as a 5 yr resident of SP I do have some experience diving there and I know some English speaking DM's and shops. Back in the US for now, looking for people in Chicago.

My most recent dive in SP was March 2008 but I am always in contact with people there. Feel free to contact me for info on a timely basis.

A warning about Laje de Santos though, the Govt has outlawed gloves and knives in that area and dive boats have monitors onboard. But they don't go underwater. My issue was holding onto the line when returning, my hands were quite cut up.

Mitch

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom