Break Water wins 2-0

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've had either the good luck or common sense to stay ashore when the surf is big enough to be dangerous. But between the ages of 17 and about 22 I had near disasterous ass whoopings without gear on in big Waimea shorebreak and once at the Wedge in Newport in waves I had no business being out in. Even though those experiences were nearly 50 years ago they remain, shall I say, *vivid*.

After getting my gear prepped for tomorrows dive, I noticed a lot of my gear is scuffed really bad. My inflator hose on my drysuit, pee-valve and my Halcyon buckles are scuffed really bad from the collusion of rocks. Even my 19cf pony bottle took a massive hit, my Mini SPG is warped from the collusion and requires replacement, that's a $60 dollar piece of equipment for one lousy dive, not worth it! :shakehead:

All my gear use to be in prestine condition, but this is my mark that I made, when I dared to enter that surf that day at BW. It serves as a reminder to me, "Mike, you couldn've been hurt really bad, stay clear and have a cold one instead".

You just don't know what it's like unless you have been pummeled. I am in the pummeled club, who else has membership? :) If you are not in the club, don't join!!!!:rofl3:

Mike.

I had the bejesus scared out of me in Malibu one year, I was along with many others in our group , repeatedly picked up thrown onto the beach, dragged back out and slammed back down on the beach again over and over, until I finally was able to Crawl out and lay under the porch of some house, out of the reach of the waves until I could catch my breath, Funny thing, During all of that fear...... I kept my Camera up in the air where it was safe... No Lie!! Stupid Photographer!! Bad thing... Some did get hurt, and Most lost a lot of their gear!! I was very lucky!!

Equipment can always be replaced! Its the ocean's way of stimulating the economy...

Back
Top Bottom