Breakfast at Aldora Villas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Redfoot

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Thinking of doing stay/dive with Aldora at their place for a trip in March- but I have to eat an actual meal (not granola bars and fruit) before diving or I am STARVING by halfway through the first dive.

Is there breakfast onsite or close by? I know the boats leave early, so I am guessing even if restaurant is there, they are not open.

Any help is appreciated.

If you stay at Villa Aldora you will have to prepare your own breakfast. There are no nearby restaurants as far as I know.

When I stayed there with my wife we did our own shopping and prepared breakfast in our room. I think most rooms have kitchens or kitchenettes.

No food service on-site or very close. Nobody really opens early enough for a 7:30 pickup anyway. All of the rooms have at least a fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. Several have full kitchens. I always fix my own breakfast. Sometimes yogurt and granola, sometimes eggs, sometimes breakfast tacos with eggs and chorizo, sometimes chilaquiles. The manager can help you get a taxi to the store or may be able to give you a ride.

I'm the same way. COZ Coffee Roasting Company opens at 6:30. Good food. It was the only place we could find in central San Miguel that opened in time to get a proper breakfast and still make a 7:30 boat at Aqua Safari Pier (diving with Aldora) Pier.

www.cozcoffeeroastingcompany.com

Stay at Casa Mexicana with their fantastic breakfast buffet and have Aldora Divers pick you up near the pier.

I'm the same way. COZ Coffee Roasting Company opens at 6:30. Good food. It was the only place we could find in central San Miguel that opened in time to get a proper breakfast and still make a 7:30 boat at Aqua Safari Pier (diving with Aldora) Pier.

www.cozcoffeeroastingcompany.com
I usually just have peanut butter and jelly on toast with OJ while waiting for the dive boat.

Stay at Casa Mexicana with their fantastic breakfast buffet and have Aldora Divers pick you up near the pier.

Yes, that is plan B right now- I wanted Villa Aldora to be in a quiet spot, with shoreline for afternoon/night dives if the boats don't fill up. I really enjoy CM, but wanted to be out of the hustle and bustle. Blue Angel is full the weeks I can sneak away.

Can't win them all I guess!

Yes, that is plan B right now- I wanted Villa Aldora to be in a quiet spot, with shoreline for afternoon/night dives if the boats don't fill up. I really enjoy CM, but wanted to be out of the hustle and bustle. Blue Angel is full the weeks I can sneak away.

Get a top room facing south. That will take away some of the noise.

You could stay at Villa Aldora and ride a bike to COZ, have breakfast and leave the bike at Aldora’s shop and meet the boat at the pier.

As others have said, the Villa rooms have kitchenettes. My wife and I ate mostly some fruit (the supermarkets have excellent pineapple, papaya and bananas) and often made breakfast quesadillas in the microwave. It suits us. A big buffet breakfast before diving makes me feel less than at the top of my game, so paying for a buffet when I don't want to eat too much feels like a waste of money. With a kitchenette at Villa Aldora (or an Airbnb, which would be our most frequent choice) we can eat just what we want. After Aldora's two long dives, we shower and take the bikes into town for a big, leisurely, usually somewhat late lunch. Then maybe just some tacos when dinner time rolls around. We like that routine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom