Breaking news from the whale wars

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The aggressors in the event that caused the sinking of the AG were the whalers! Cling to your misguided statements of yesterday all you want, The video shows a non aggressive, at idle AG and a deliberate series of course changes by the 'Maru that facilitated the close approach and instigated the collision. All any of your blustering here is going to do is be really embarrassing for you when the official report is published!

What official report and by whom will it be published?

I would say the Sea ****heads were the aggressors since their actions kicked off the chain of events that lead to the sinking of the AG. Personally I would take the throwing of glass bottles onto my ship and trying to foul my props as an attack on my person, my crew, and my ship. I would also perceive those conducting such actions as a threat at all times and would aggressively defend myself, my crew, and my ship.

So you are saying that looking at the video posted today, from the AG, you can not see that the "research" ship swung port off it's original course, then starboard to bear down on the at idle AG, then either turned starboard again or was jerked starboard by swell, where upon the AG lunges forward at about the same time as the attacking vessel turns back port making contact with the AB bow?

I have answered this already. Maybe you should try reading my posts, instead of counting them? You might have a better idea of what is being discussed then.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ma...2-breaking-news-whale-wars-6.html#post4955685

I am sure your experience of handling 500 tonne vessels in heavy seas will allow you to rebut these claims?

You accuse me of not dealing with the facts and yet most of what you have posted today concerns stuff that happened way in the past?

You don't think that Paul Watson lying about this incident (do you dispute that, lol?), or Sea Shepherd's history of engineering collisions may be at all germane to this discussion?

A real man knows when to admit he may have been hasty in making what are now pretty obviously false accusations!

So, I wait for your apology.

Last edited:
By the way Kev, I fixed your stupid spelling mistake :wink:

Now a toast to the crew of the AG

stupid_people-12941.gif

Damn straight. They gave us a new dive site :D

I have answered this already. Maybe you should try reading my posts, instead of counting them? You might have a better idea of what is being discussed then.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ma...2-breaking-news-whale-wars-6.html#post4955685

I am sure your experience of handling 500 hundred vessels in heavy seas will allow you to rebut these claims?

You don't think that Paul Watson lying about this incident (do you dispute that, lol?), or Sea Shepherd's history of engineering collisions may be at all germane to this discussion?

So, I wait for your apology.

Forget it, he does not have a clue about reality. Just knows how to talk in circles.

Can you provide a source for verification of that since it's already been disputed back and forth here?
5.18 The Sea Shepherd... - regjeringen.no is in Norwegian, but its directly from the authorities. Apparently they consider the sentence fullfilled now, despite the fact he never showed up in a Norwegian prison.
Dont know if that one would be translated reasonaby well by google translate or similar.

Some websites indicate that he was actually arrested in The Netherlands in 1997 as he was wanted through interpol and they might have considered the days he spent in jail there "good enough" since they couldnt get him extradited for some reason.

Paul Watson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia also mentions it.

I think hed be on a very short leash here though..

Bottom line is, small boat loses to big boat every time. ONLY a STUPID peson would sit and wait for said big boat to get there and run them over. Now we have a new dive site.. We all win :D

Now you're quoting the rule of tonnage. Unfortunately, the rule of tonnage isn't written down anywhere, but experienced captains know it nonetheless.

Where were all of you tonite? I was at Hurricane Hole Marina buying beers and discussing ship collisions all by myself. Were you there in spirit?

Where were all of you tonite? I was at Hurricane Hole Marina buying beers and discussing ship collisions all by myself. Were you there in spirit?

I'm not sure which is worse. You drinking by yourself, or us here arguing. :rofl3:

Now you're quoting the rule of tonnage. Unfortunately, the rule of tonnage isn't written down anywhere, but experienced captains know it nonetheless.

Hello.. Im in the frozen tundra of Alabama.. I was waiting for your plane to come pick me up.. Still have not seen it yet..

Bottom line is, small boat loses to big boat every time. ONLY a STUPID peson would sit and wait for said big boat to get there and run them over. Now we have a new dive site.. We all win :D

This was explained to me in very simple detail once in the Bahamas by a boat captain after another boat blatantly cut him off.

When we asked him about it.... he went.

"It simple mon'. Is da first Bahamian law of sailing: "Bigger boat got right of way, Mon" "​

I'm not sure which is worse. You drinking by yourself, or us here arguing. :rofl3:

How do you know some of the particiants here have not been drinking all day while coming up with some of their "arguments"?

Back
Top Bottom