Breaking news from the whale wars

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AFAIS, the AG video is no longer on the web in the full 4 minute plus (or sum such) version. That long video from the AG is the one that is most damning to the Whaler Captain, IMHO.

The SM2 didn't turn because of "waves." The SM2 made a radical turn to starboard and rammed the Ady Gil because the SM2 helmsmen turned the wheel.

In your opinion. I have read plenty of other opinions that state the opposite, and from people without an axe to grind. I have to say I find their opinions a lot more credible.

Seems to paint a clear picture doesn't it...
Yeah, of a bunch of cowboys who dont exactly seem to care for two seconds about the noice and just mock it..
And of an Ady Gil that is not exactly "dead in the water"..

Yeah, of a bunch of cowboys who dont exactly seem to care for two seconds about the noice and just mock it..
And of an Ady Gil that is not exactly "dead in the water"..

Because some people are Cowboys doesn't give anyone the right to use deadly force against them. There seems to be an element of morality and common decency missing here.

Who feels that if someone ticks you off that this gives you a right to kill them? :gun:

Hello.... Beam me up Scotty....

Because some people are Cowboys doesn't give anyone the right to use deadly force against them. There seems to be an element of morality and common decency missing here.

Who feels that if someone ticks you off that this gives you a right to kill them? :gun:

Hello.... Beam me up Scotty....

Actually what is missing is the hours and hours, days and days worth of streaming video showing the SS playing chciken with whalers previously, trying to sink whalers, trying to hurt fishermen......if that was being shown I would hope that people would make an effort to remove their heads long enough to accept that the SS/whalers were not in a new situation. What was new was how close they tried to cut it in the name of dramatics. They played chicken and lost.......oh and shocker they had cameras ready all over the place filming it.....coincidence? The only difference from the many times before that they got in front of a vessel was the fact that they lost this time.

I agree that deadly force is never justified however they have a history of this.....and they usually move. I still say it is 100% clear that the AG had plenty of time to figure it out and move......stupidity ran rampant on that boat at that time. They could have moved and chose not to.

I agree that deadly force is never justified however they have a history of this.....and they usually move. I still say it is 100% clear that the AG had plenty of time to figure it out and move......stupidity ran rampant on that boat at that time. They could have moved and chose not to.

If 98 year old with Alzheimer's wanders out onto the street and sits down in the middle of the road day after day, it might tick-off the neighbors. It doesn't however give them the right to see him, change direction and run over him no matter how ticked-off they get.

It doesn't matter if he is "stupid," protesting the speed limit, or just acting disorderly. These "crimes" are not offenses punishable by death. You can't try to kill people unless they are putting your life in immediate danger by their actions and there is no other way to prevent it. This wasn't the case, so why is this not being realized here?

If 98 year old with Alzheimer's wanders out onto the street and sits down in the middle of the road day after day, it might tick-off the neighbors. It doesn't however give them the right to see him, change direction and run over him no matter how ticked-off they get.

It doesn't matter if he is "stupid," protesting the speed limit, or just acting disorderly. These "crimes" are not offenses punishable by death. You can't try to kill people unless they are putting your life in immediate danger by their actions and there is no other way to prevent it. This wasn't the case, so why is this not being realized here?
Maybe because me and the other guys who dont feel sorry for the SS crew think they only got a taste of their own medicine?
A 98-yearold alzheimer patient dont know better, the SS crew SHOULD know better than putting themselves in harms way. Unless youre saying theive all got alzheimers?

Why can't some people see that both sides have been playing chicken for a long time and eventually crap will happen? Both sides are at fault.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom