Breaking news from the whale wars

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

While I am not going to voice an opinion one way or the other on all the specifics I find it ironic that many anti-abortion folks are pro-capital punishment, some environmentalist are willing to kill blue-collar workers in order to 'save a tree' and a few wealthy give to the 'arts' for the betterment of humanity but then leave a lifes fortune to their pet while people starve.

While I can not say exactly what point 'Fire in my bones' intended to make, I was caught by the irony that we are all in this long and pointless debate about the ethics of hunting food or animal rights while there are possibly greater crimes going on.

It (this thread) is a debate, a stream of conscious thought that will follow a natural course amd I don’t think it was a far jump that was made.

StevenN: The point was not reproductive rights, but an examination of the debate itself. By drawing similarities between the two, the varying intensity in arguments become apparent. I saw this thread, at now 93 pages, and thought that a debate over who rammed who was interesting at least.
I just wanted everyone to look at the whys as well as the whats. No specific agenda. Introspection is important to me. Just hoping to share the feeling where I thought it might be useful.
I apologize if my comment was not welcome.

Haha, anti abortion pro-life, pro capital punishment. Bill hicks said it best when he said.. It's about their right to life, their right to decide who lives and who dies.

wow, with these new footage, it's even more obvious the Ady Gil was the one that changed it's course to get rammed.

As for the Barker, well for what I see in this case, it is the one that is ramming the whaling ship.

They should do more editing.

Watson never attempted to hide the fact that he was there to ram whalers. His old boat even had "the can opener" welded on the bow. Now, he's whining and claiming to be a victim. The key to being a victim is in good editing.

Humans are not endangered. Humans are in fact so numerous that they endanger animals and plants that may be necessary for human's own existence. Modern medicine has saved so many that natural selection would have eliminated that now our gene pool is irreversibly polluted; hence the stupidity of the masses.

Humans are not endangered. Humans are in fact so numerous that they endanger animals and plants that may be necessary for human's own existence. Modern medicine has saved so many that natural selection would have eliminated that now our gene pool is irreversibly polluted; hence the stupidity of the masses.

You sir, are an optimist.

I got a kick out of his complaint about an injury to his thumb. These yahoos claim in front of the cameras that they are willing to "give my life to save a whale" then cry like a baby if they get a boo boo.

Back
Top Bottom