Breakwater this weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jon m

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
anyone going to be there? (besides the obligitory students?)
my (new) buddy is doing his open water, so wifey, Coral and I will be joining him. we'll probably dive 1 time sat and sun. Amy hasn't been in the water for almost a year, due to the new baby. we hit the pool last weekend, all is well. we'll probably keep it shallow, maybe the met. fields? i want to dive the jetty 1 day, you know we have never dived it... kinda strange!

anyway just wanted to say hi, if anyone will be about! we'll have a baby with tons of hair, no doubt on a blanket (look for the sunflower blanket)in the grass...we'll be leaving her with our friends wife, who doesn't dive (sweet for us!) come on by!

-Jon

anyone going to be there? (besides the obligitory students?)
my (new) buddy is doing his open water, so wifey, Coral and I will be joining him. we'll probably dive 1 time sat and sun. Amy hasn't been in the water for almost a year, due to the new baby. we hit the pool last weekend, all is well. we'll probably keep it shallow, maybe the met. fields? i want to dive the jetty 1 day, you know we have never dived it... kinda strange!

anyway just wanted to say hi, if anyone will be about! we'll have a baby with tons of hair, no doubt on a blanket (look for the sunflower blanket)in the grass...we'll be leaving her with our friends wife, who doesn't dive (sweet for us!) come on by!

-Jon

I wish I could dive this weekend but I'll be out of town. Congrats on getting back in the water!

We're thinking about going down Sunday, depending on the conditions.

And a whole lot colder. My AquaLung 7/8mm semi-dry suit doesn't work all that well in 65 deg water. I was burning up! Even encouraging a leak didn't seem to help.

Waiting for winter...

Richard

Nah this weekend were heading up to Tahoe, the water should be 500 times clearer.

The irony of Tahoe - Lots of viz, little to see. Where you guys diving at?

Last edited:
We are going to do a night dive on Friday, probably along the wall. Saturday morning I hope to get out there early and do one dive a little after 7:00 am.

The irony of Tahoe - Lots of viz, little to see. Where you guys diving at?
were meeting at Meeks Bay. Kent will have the boat so we can hit Rubicon wall, stateline, emerald bay...

We'll probably dive the sailboat, maybe the barges, if kent isn't bored with them by now.

yep, yep... we have a trip to tahoe planned for Aug 12-16. we'll be staying at incline village.
does anyone know of any decent spots in that area? we will have my boat , which can go anywhere. i just don't know if it is worth the run to rubicon or emerald bay...
probably a better idea to tow the boat, and launch somewhere else? i would like to see those barges. any idea where the best launch would be to access emerald???
thanks!

answered my own question, it looks like Meeks is the closest launch.
isn't there a buoy at the barges in emerald bay? on the left side when you enter the bay? 1/2 way in???
thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom