breast implants and diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brit Girl

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all! does anyone know how long to not dive after having breast implants as I am thinking of having some this year but dont want it to interfere with diving? I am due to see a consultant soon but thought i would get your opinions first!

is your doctor would want you to wait until the incision sites are well healed--maybe 4 to 6 weeks. Also there may be some consideration as to what procedure is used in placing the implants ie under or over the muscle tissue. Also there would be need to consider any post surgical complications that may arise.

I would have to see the finished work before I gave any informed medical advice.......heheheheh.

No. It's just like JDB said. As long you don't have any medical complications and you let the wounds heal-generally a few weeks of not lifting heavy objects and in the case of breast augmentation no lifting your hands above your shoulder-pulls on the suture site and can result in increased scaring.

Mike

Oh, and if you get them placed under the muscle I would HIGHLY recommend a muscle relaxant. Depends on what your doc. is comfortable in prescribing, though.

You'll know when to go back into the water. Not untill your well healed and comfortable. Hope the surgery works out for you.

You'll know when to go back into the water. Not untill your well healed and comfortable. Hope the surgery works out for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom