Breathe Bonaire's webcam dislodged?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ClayJar

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
When I opened my wake-up tab collection in Firefox this morning, I couldn't help but notice that something was amiss. The Breathe Bonaire underwater webcam had been dislodged somehow. Whatever it was happened between 14:00 and 15:00 yesterday (those images will be valid until that time today, Bonaire time).

I wasn't watching at when it happened (I only look in the mornings), but I can't help but wonder what happened. I hope it wasn't a bad diver, but I can't help but think that it probably was (which doesn't make me happy). Anyway, here's a before and after for you:

attachment.php

It's not pointing toward the surface now, but it's not where it should be (for the distance markings to line up). Actually, it appears to be moving (maybe loose in the water?).

This just in... there's a person handling it on screen right now.

Attachments

• BreatheBonaire.jpg
    BreatheBonaire.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 268
Not to worry,it's back.:D

Not to worry,it's back.:D
Yeah, I was actually watching as the man with the bright red mask fixed it up (with quite respectable precision, I might add).
attachment.php

Oh, and just in time, too... If he'd been a few minutes slower, I would never have seen these divers (who even put Ber to shame when it comes to proudly displaying the Dork Diver ideals, i.e. having a blast).
attachment.php
(If you two happen to be ScubaBoarders, please, oh, please tell us who you are. You're the most absolutest unbelievably-est coolest-lookingest divers I think we've ever seen.)

Attachments

• FixerUpper.jpg
    FixerUpper.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 226
  • Wow.jpg
    Wow.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 227
Raise your hand if you think CJ is very very bored?

Raise your hand if you think CJ is very very bored?
How could I be bored with all the adventure today has had? I mean, the Breathe Bonaire webcam was all off-kilter, and then I get an email from NAUI telling me my order has shipped...

Oh, and there's that whole "work" bit, too. (I love running long processes that have to be monitored but that don't actually require intervention unless something goes wrong. :biggrin:)

By the way, anyone know how long first-class mail takes to get from NAUI in Florida to me in Baton Rouge? I need to know when to run home to the mailbox like Ralphie waiting for a Little Orphan Annie decoder ring. (If my brand new DM card gets here with *anything* about Ovaltine written on it, I'm sending it back for replacement!)

Oh, no! It's broken again! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom