BrightGuy, Pelican Supersabre, Tec-40

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GoBlue!

Contributor
Reaction score
Couple questions... Looking to throw another backup light on the harness.

The LDS carries Princeton Tec, and I've read the multiple & varied opinions of P Tec on here. I'm wondering if:

(1) Anyone compared a Princeton Tec-40 & Pelican Supersabre side by side (or had experience with both)? I've never seen one of the Supersabres in person, but they seem to get pretty decent reviews on here....

(2) Experiences w/ BrightGuy for purchasing lights? Just want to make sure this is a reputable outfit before sending a bunch of cash...

Thanks in advance,
Jim

GoBlue!:
Couple questions... Looking to throw another backup light on the harness.

The LDS carries Princeton Tec, and I've read the multiple & varied opinions of P Tec on here. I'm wondering if:

(1) Anyone compared a Princeton Tec-40 & Pelican Supersabre side by side (or had experience with both)? I've never seen one of the Supersabres in person, but they seem to get pretty decent reviews on here....

(2) Experiences w/ BrightGuy for purchasing lights? Just want to make sure this is a reputable outfit before sending a bunch of cash...

Thanks in advance,
Jim

How about a Pelican Sabrelite from Brightguys for reference? Got one of their new e-led (inverted LED) lights. Don't have a basis to compare to Princeton but Pelican has an almost unconditional lifetime warranty. The light is about as small as a 3-C cell light can be and puts out a decent amount of very white light. When I received the light from Brightguys, the lens bezel cover was cracked. One phone call to their 800 # had a new cover to me in two days, no questions asked. As far as I know, there aren't the same kind of no internet sales/no warranty issues with dive lights as with other gear so I believe that Brightguys are authorized dealers. No point in paying 50-75% more at LDS. I would use them again in an instant. As far as any internet purchasing goes, I use my credit card due to the assurances and fraud protection it offers vs cash.

How about another comparison: Pelican supersabre & UK SL4? Uggh, don't know what to get to throw on the harness as a backup....and yes, I've read all the previous posts already. :wink:

Jim

My UK SL4, backup light, just failed. Something in the switch and I can't see inside to fix it.........will never buy one again.

ShakaZulu:
My UK SL4, backup light, just failed. Something in the switch and I can't see inside to fix it.........will never buy one again.

Call UK they will fix it free.
I have two SL6's and an SL4 they have been great lights.

if u are considering the TEC-40 - it's only $16.95 at your local Galyans store. Dick's might have it too

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom