Bring back the Diva LX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divebunnie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Has anyone else found the Seaquest Diva LX to be one of the most comfortable BCDs for women divers??

Has anyone else discovered to their dismay, that the LX luxury edition (the one with plenty of big metal D rings, trim weights, carry handle, decent pockets etc) has been discontinued?

Apparently it has been replaced by the Pearl i3 which uses a completely different inflation/dump system which makes it entirely unsuitable for teaching. I have also witnessed that these variations on the corrugated hose dump, simply do not live up to their promises.

Call me a luddite, but if it is not broke... why fix it? I did email Seaquest asking for some feedback or advice on acquiring the original Diva LX and sadly received no response from them. A bit of a shame as I have recommended this BCD to everyone of my female students (having been an instructor in Sharm for the last 3 years, that number is fairly significant).

Anyway, I thought I would see if I am the only person who feels this way, or are there others out there who mourn the demise of maybe the best BCD for women divers (especially small women like me.. hehe)

Sea Quest also has the Libra BC. Not quite as nice, but an option. Also,.... I have an Oceanic Hera BC. It is a hybrid back inflate/ jacket inflate, but very comfortable. It has padding in all the right areas & is very adjustable in all areas for a almost custom type fit. You might give it a try if you ever get the opportunity. I think you may be impressed.

I am very pleased to see how much you like the Diva LX because I just purchased one on Ebay. So they're still out there somewhere!!

Has anyone else found the Seaquest Diva LX to be one of the most comfortable BCDs for women divers??

Has anyone else discovered to their dismay, that the LX luxury edition (the one with plenty of big metal D rings, trim weights, carry handle, decent pockets etc) has been discontinued?

Apparently it has been replaced by the Pearl i3 which uses a completely different inflation/dump system which makes it entirely unsuitable for teaching. I have also witnessed that these variations on the corrugated hose dump, simply do not live up to their promises.

Call me a luddite, but if it is not broke... why fix it? I did email Seaquest asking for some feedback or advice on acquiring the original Diva LX and sadly received no response from them. A bit of a shame as I have recommended this BCD to everyone of my female students (having been an instructor in Sharm for the last 3 years, that number is fairly significant).

Anyway, I thought I would see if I am the only person who feels this way, or are there others out there who mourn the demise of maybe the best BCD for women divers (especially small women like me.. hehe)
I’m very surprised to hear that considering it’s popularity. Not sure what is meant by the Libra is not as nice but just FYI, I would not equate it with a Diva - just not as nice. (I tried it and wouldn’t recommend it and yes I like my Diva.) The Diva is still on the list it looks to me.

The Diva xlt, is like the stripped down, bare bones basic of the Diva and the only similarity seems to be in the fact that there is a little padding in the back. It is basically a budget version, with small, plastic d rings, very basic velcro integrated weights, no trim weight facility in the XS size, no carry handle, and most importantly no "semi wing" or back inflation as the company prefer to say, which for me makes it a completely different product.
I guess the plus points are that it is cheaper, and considerably lighter, but if you are using it for work, not quite up to the job, sadly.
Apologies if that sounds extremely negative.

Sorry for the late response!

If you like the comfort of the Pearl, Seaquest does make it without the i3 system. If you get the Pearl with the standard corrogated hose, it's also $150.00 cheaper.

Thanks for your reply AnnArcher, sorry for my late response.

I did infact get someone to find a Diva LX for me at a local dive shop. Bless him, I think he ended up traipsing around half of the home counties to find it in my size.

I had heard that the Pearl came with the hose as a special request, however to be hones, it is hard enough just getting hold of anything when you are based in Sharm, let alone having special requests such as that. I had wanted it to be as straightforward for my friend as possible.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom