Broken computer mount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hubert

Registered
Reaction score
Marina Del Rey half year, Paris France other half
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello all,

I enjoyed my DSS bungee computer mount (vyper suunto) for only 30 dives or so before the plastic broke on
two of the little holes (at the base of the mount) through which the bungee is threaded. It wasn't enough for the mount to fall off my wrist, but now it keeps jiggling, and I think I have to get another one. My question is, is this normal? What's the expected life time of these things? Let me add that the bungee was the one recommended on the DSS web site, that I never pulled hard on it - at least as far as I know - and never left it in the sun for long either. What else could I have done wrong?

Thanks!

Hubert

Hello all,

I enjoyed my DSS bungee computer mount (vyper suunto) for only 30 dives or so before the plastic broke on
two of the little holes (at the base of the mount) through which the bungee is threaded. It wasn't enough for the mount to fall off my wrist, but now it keeps jiggling, and I think I have to get another one. My question is, is this normal? What's the expected life time of these things? Let me add that the bungee was the one recommended on the DSS web site, that I never pulled hard on it - at least as far as I know - and never left it in the sun for long either. What else could I have done wrong?

Thanks!

Hubert

Hubert,

I'm sorry to hear you had a problem. Mounts can be overloaded if the bungee is too tight, and or if the bungee is stretched too far while donning.

You should consider a little looser fit on the bungee.

Pm me your details and we will get a replacement right out. We need a mailing address.

Tobin

It's wonderful to be in touch so quickly with people at DSS, thanks a lot!

A midly related question: is there a dive store in the LA area where one can find DSS stuff to try it on etc? I would love to have a closer look at the backplates/wings.

Finally, I do a lot of diving in europe, where the mounts have elicited curiosity and envy. The question I foten got was, can you get them over there as well, maybe through some DIR organization?

Cheers

Hubert

It's wonderful to be in touch so quickly with people at DSS, thanks a lot!

A midly related question: is there a dive store in the LA area where one can find DSS stuff to try it on etc? I would love to have a closer look at the backplates/wings.

Finally, I do a lot of diving in europe, where the mounts have elicited curiosity and envy. The question I foten got was, can you get them over there as well, maybe through some DIR organization?

Cheers

Hubert

We do have dealers in the Metro LA area. Some are listed on our website. With regards to specific combinations it's always difficult for me to know exactly what any given dealer might have on hand.

We offer 9 back plates, 13 wings, 2 harnesses and some related back plate accessories. That's a lot of possible combinations.

If you are looking for a BP&W I'd be happy to speak with you, and we can narrow down the list of what you need to look for.

With respect to Europe; we do have considerable distribution.

Tobin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom