Broken EON pressure gauge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fiziks

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I purchased a new Suunto Solution computer when they first came out. A couple years later, I got a new Suunto EON Lux. Shortly after that, the Solution conked out on me in the middle of a dive (120 feet deep on a shipwreck in Lake Superior). Fortunately, I had the EON as well. Anyhow. When I took the Solution in to the shop, they sent it in, and a couple weeks later I was told that they couldn't fix it and that they didn't make the straight Solution anymore, but I could upgrade to a Solution Nitrox for $50 or $100 (I don't remember the exact price, but it seemed like a no-brainer to me).

About twelve years ago, on a trip to Cozumel, I noticed the tank pressure sensor on the EON was acting a bit wonky. On the first days diving, my tanks seemed a few hundred pounds underfilled and I was the first guy out of the water. Using a known working analog pressure gauge, I have discovered that when a tank is full at 3000 psi, the gauge read about 300 psi under, but more importantly, when the tank had around 1500 psi, the gauge read 750. And when the gauge got down to near zero, the tank actually had 750 in it. When I got back home, I took it into the store where I had purchased it (same folks that sold me the Solution), thinking I could get it fixed or get an upgrade of some sort. This time, the message I got back was, "They won't fix it" but they'll give you $50 if you trade it in for something else. I had paid quite a bit more for the EON and they'd only give me $50 for it. Very disappointing.

I know it's been 12 years, but is there any way to fix it myself? I am a certified regulator repair technician and I can change the batteries on these things. The computer itself still works fine.

fiziks,

Unfortunately, there is no repair that can be done to correct the issue you are experiencing with your EON, as they are no longer supported.

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom