Broken foot...It happens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kudos as well for sharing your experiences. Sharing your accident will remind all divers to be careful while entering and exiting the water.

I'm assuming you are female, it might be a good idea to get a bone density test for early osteoporosis. I've seen it diagnosed in women in their twenties!

I wish you well, and follow your doctor's instructions.

Great!,,,not only am I hurt but I'm OLD!...lol....good advise though...I did have the bone dens. test last January and all is strong...I also take about every supplement known to man...just a freak bad foot placement combined with bad wave set...

When I told my mom I was injured and how she was nice enough to remind me that it took two years of ballet lessons for me to learn to skip...so I guess I'm , hurt , Old and clumsy....:dork2:

I wish you a speedy recovery. Your luck seems as bad as mine.

Broken foot update!

I saw the surgeon today and the bad news is I broke 3 bones not 2

the good news is that it doesnt appear I did any major damage to the ligaments or tendons so i don't need surgery..I will be in a cast for 5 weeks then moved to a walking boot (I could then go back to swimming) and will be able to dive again in about 12 weeks!

It could have been a lot worse,,if I'd needed surgery I would have been in a cast for about 6 months!

Broken foot update!

I saw the surgeon today and the bad news is I broke 3 bones not 2

the good news is that it doesnt appear I did any major damage to the ligaments or tendons so i don't need surgery..I will be in a cast for 5 weeks then moved to a walking boot (I could then go back to swimming) and will be able to dive again in about 12 weeks!

It could have been a lot worse,,if I'd needed surgery I would have been in a cast for about 6 months!

I do hope you will recover quickly. Ankle and foot injuries are never fun but try to make the most of it!

Wow. I feel for you. I really hope you heal quickly and well. Now you have to start practicing the recliner-honey-can-you-get- me-(insert all sorts of items, food, drink here) techniques. If you groan or moan while doing it, he moves faster..:)
Seriously, get well soon.

Wow. I feel for you. I really hope you heal quickly and well. Now you have to start practicing the recliner-honey-can-you-get- me-(insert all sorts of items, food, drink here) techniques. If you groan or moan while doing it, he moves faster..:)
Seriously, get well soon.

I don't think that's gonna work with Dave. :no:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom