Bruce Clark Bosshardt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just got the news on tuesday and could not believe it. We were not close I hadn't talkd to him in over a year but we were talking about me coming out to dive with him soon. I never got a chance to make it in time for that I am sorry. It makes me feel good to know that so many of you out there cared about him and I want to thank all of you for your prayers. Bruce R.I.P. and goodbye from your son.
Alan D. Bosshardt

Heart breaking. If you have any doubts about how good you father was, read his past posts. I did. He was willing to give advise with no bias other than experience. He wasn't critical of people with different opinions of him. I wish there were a lot more people like him on this board.

Again, Sorry for you loss.

Thank you again I would love to read his posts but I dont know his screenname I just joined could you please tell me thank you Alan

I am terribly sorry for your loss Alan. I did not know your father in person however online, he was a great asset to ScubaBoard and he will be missed. He always offered quality advice and assistance to those that needed it and as Bob has said, he was accepting of those that thought differently than him.

Thank you again I would love to read his posts but I dont know his screenname I just joined could you please tell me thank you Alan

Alan I am sorry for your families loss. I emailed with your dad several times on various things. He was very passionate about his diving and more so finding ways to better educate new students and make it safer. That impressed me a lot.

A few months ago I was working on a novel, and wanting to get the details right I posted a technical question. Bruce was very helpful, and he and I PM'd back and forth. I had seen this tread but hadn't realized until today that Bruce was Cave Bum. I didn't know him as well as many others on this board, but he was very helpful to me.

I'm sorry for your loss Alan. I'll be praying for your family.

Again thank you for your words, everyone. I have just gotten back from florida I went to take care of everything and find out what I could about what happend. I had spoken with Gary for awhile as well as other people involved. I am sorry but I can't give details on what I have learned (if it would have helped you guys I would) but from what I have learned it was no ones fault especcialy not Garry's he did everything right and has been devistated over the lose of his friend. Please give him support.I also went to the springs, I had to swim out to the entrance of the cave to see it I have to say that was the hardest part for me, that made it real. Agian thank you for all your kind words and please honor my father by passing on his compassion and guidence that he felt was so important to do to help the less expierianced have a safer and more enjoyable expieriance in the water.
Alan D Bosshardt

Back
Top Bottom