Bubbles between HOG SPG and hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tested yesterday on a tank and the bubbles are gone and the system holds full pressure for at least 30 minutes when I shut the tank valve off but leave the regs attached.

They came assembled originally from DRIS and leaked in the same spot upon arrival. I sent them back and the SPG was fine for a few months. I had mentioned this to Chris a month ago when I saw him at Long Beach and he gave me a spare spool that he had sitting there on the table.

Simple fix, if you're having this problem and want to take a look, you have to take the SPG off the hose and pull the spool out of the SPG (may be in there tight -- I had to use pliers to carefully remove the spool). I replaced the spool and O-rings with a spare I had. Perhaps your O-rings are slightly too big? You would think the O-ring would be pushed more onto the spool instead of left inside the hose, but that's how I found them.

Best,
-Graham

Clearly misassembled to begin with.

The o-rings must be installed in the glands (grooves) in the spool. Duro 70s will work and instal much easier than duro 90s. I lube the o-ring and place it on my thumb. I then stab the ring with the spool to get it started over the end of the spool. Rarely successful on the first attempt with duro 90s.

Clearly misassembled to begin with.

The o-rings must be installed in the glands (grooves) in the spool. Duro 70s will work and instal much easier than duro 90s. I lube the o-ring and place it on my thumb. I then stab the ring with the spool to get it started over the end of the spool. Rarely successful on the first attempt with duro 90s.

I replace the entire spool with a new one.... but certainly your approach will work :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom