Buckle for my Surveyor Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kandace

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a Mares Surveyor Dive Computer, and the plastic buckle has finally broken. The computer works just fine. . . just need either the strap or the buckle. Does Mares have the strap to fit that computer? Would the M2 strap fit that dive computer, and can you purchase the strap separately?

If I have to purchase a new dive computer, is the M2 an easy computer to use? I have an Console Oceanic Dive Computer for my backup computer, and it is somewhat difficult to use.

Thank you.

I have a Mares Surveyor Dive Computer, and the plastic buckle has finally broken. The computer works just fine. . . just need either the strap or the buckle. Does Mares have the strap to fit that computer? Would the M2 strap fit that dive computer, and can you purchase the strap separately?

If I have to purchase a new dive computer, is the M2 an easy computer to use? I have an Console Oceanic Dive Computer for my backup computer, and it is somewhat difficult to use.

Thank you.

Hi Kandace,

I am sorry your strap / buckle has broken. There is no replacement for this older computer. The M2 assembly is different and will not fit. I think the M2 user interface is relatively simple, but I am a little biased as I have been using it for approximately 6yrs. Just a side note, the M2 is a discontinued product. Our most current entry level model is the Puck computer. Again I think they are both user friendly and the interface is relatively intuitive. Being said that the M2 is discontinued; you may be able to pick one up at a discounted price. I hope this helps answer your question and aides you in making a decision about your next computer.

Thanks for the inquiry!

Best regards,

Thanks so much for your quick reply. It has been EXTREMELY informative since some websites are selling the M2 at a premium price, with NO indication that the M2 has been discontinued. The Mares website still has it listed as one of their wrist computers. Again, thanks for the heads up. One more thing, since I just need the buckle, could I still order the M2 strap, and just swap out the buckle?

You can certainly try. I do not know if this will work; the surveyor was before my time and I can't locate any schematics. It is up to you and your dealer of choice. Here is the part for buckle strap assembly of M2 computer #44200104 MSRP will be approx $12 - $15 U.S.

Sincerely,

Back
Top Bottom