Buddies in the South Bay area...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Agree with the suggestions to hit up the DiveVets board and night dives. Abundance of folks there.

BTW, I was also certified at Sea D Sea. .

Me three.

If you mean today, I'm going out again. Meeting up around 7:30 pm.

And conditions weren't as bad as MaxBottomTime indicated. The viz cleared up to about 15-20 ft once you got to the slope.

Glad I didn't miss anything at Veterans. Yeah, I know Jake from Sea D Sea. That is where I got certified. Anyone diving tomorrow? I get off work in the early afternoon....itching to use my new gear! Might go check out dive vets.

+1 on Jake and Barry @ SeaDSea, the friendly divevets folks too.
Also shoot FrankPro1 or SPkelpdiver a pm - they are local avid shoredivers as well.

I'll most likely be doing a night dive tomorrow (Thursday), but I can probably get there early if you want to do a late afternoon dive.

Well, I did not go to Vets tonight. I put on my new wetsuit and realised I better get in my pool with all of my gear and be sure it all feels right before I go try a night dive. Better yet, I need to do some day diving and get really aquainted with everything because I have only done my certification dives(plus one) all in the rental gear they gave for the course. The suit I had used in the course was to big. My new one seems so damn tight I wonder if it is right. @Surfin: I will probably be spending time in the pool this week lol

Well, I did not go to Vets tonight. I put on my new wetsuit and realised I better get in my pool with all of my gear and be sure it all feels right before I go try a night dive. Better yet, I need to do some day diving and get really aquainted with everything because I have only done my certification dives(plus one) all in the rental gear they gave for the course. The suit I had used in the course was to big. My new one seems so damn tight I wonder if it is right. @Surfin: I will probably be spending time in the pool this week lol

A well fitted wetsuit should be fairly tight but not constricting.

Beach dive at Vets Park is definitely not the time to try out new gears.

Bummer. You missed out on all the little octopuses. There was also a dead shovelnose guitarfish that was being munched on by lots of crabs and other fish. Viz was about 3 ft above the point where it starts sloping but once you got there, it cleared up to as far as your light would shine.

@ scubaboy..yeah I meant today. Going to see if I can find the dive vets group.

Vet's is actually a pretty decent place to go play with gear but not if you've never done a night dive before. It's definitely worth playing with during the day, in the pool, or in conditions you're familiar with so you're not overly task loaded. Check the surf forecasts there and find a nice lake Pacific day to go play though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom