Buddy Dive Orientation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Compressor

ScubaBoard Supporter
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi:
Going to Buddy Dive in Bonaire next month. Is there another option at Buddy to get the Marine Park Orientation besides the 1 hour long on the morning after arrival?
Thanks

Marine park rules requires it. Are you there with a dive shop group? How many times has that group been there? If with a group question your group leader. Orientation there usually in afternoon around 3pm.

Thanks oly... I've been there about 10x. Its become a bit of an informercial in my opinion. I am all about learning about Marine Park rules but it goes way beyond.

Compressor, totally understand. Been there more times than I can count. Maybe if you know some of the staff there an arrangement can be made. Resort only trying to cover it's liabilities, as we all can understand. Some people really need to go tru the orientation as they seem to forget rules or think rules do not apply to them. I have taken over 100 people there and most follow rules and usual customs. All it takes is 1 person who thinks rules do not apply to them and possibly make things difficult for everyone. I have 1 like that that has been there in my groups and never follows rules, dives deeper than advised such as using nitrox deeper than the 1.4 ata allows for to 1.6 or more. He/she thinks gets away with it as this person refuses go on boat where this will be caught. What makes matters worse this person is an instructor and it makes for a poor example of safe dive practices/ role model. Hate to say it, but someday this person may be a statistic.

Hi @Compressor

Staying at Buddy dive, I guess you are tied to their orientation. The orientation at Den Laman/Sand Dollar Dive Friends Bonaire is done personally, whenever you show up on you first day, during business hours. It is not overbearing. If anyone remembers, it is the antithesis of the orientation at Bonaire Dive & Adventure.

Well put the orientation on video and have people watch it before they appear.
I'll survive but will probably have to daydream while the spiel is going on.

Honestly, the whole thing can be done in 5 min. I know we don't touch corals, I know we are not sea horses and need good trim.... Jeeeze I am getting heart burn just thinking about it.:):(

Last time, I got my park permit from Dive Friends on arrival date. Still could not rent the tanks from them (was staying there) without listening for 1 hour.

I do hate showing up and having to sit through the briefing...going again October 6-13 for Tek Week again. Trip #8 for me, the rules haven't changed since I started visiting the island.

Of course, I would never dive before sitting through the briefing :noway:

I was just there and the orientation took only 10 minutes max

Our orientation with Buddy Dive was about 15 minutes this year.
We were not staying with them - just using their dive op.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom