Buddy Diver(s) Wanted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GrafCanuck

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My wife and I will be staying at Captain Don's between April 7 to April 14, 2019. I'm a PADI O/W certified with 25 dives. My partner is a non-diver. I'd like to find a buddy or buddies to dive with between Monday April 8 and Saturday April 13. I'd entertain any shore dive on the island and willing to share with the vehicle costs. I'm targeting 2-3 dives per day. We were last in Bonaire in April 2018 and was able to dive 10 times, including a few at the Divi house reef and several other sites. (e.g. Salt Pier, Invisibles)

Other options I'm considering include mixing in a few boat dives and/or taking the PADI AOW class. Just in the planning stages now.

Thanks
Darrell

My wife and I will be staying at Captain Don's between April 7 to April 14, 2019. I'm a PADI O/W certified with 25 dives. My partner is a non-diver. I'd like to find a buddy or buddies to dive with between Monday April 8 and Saturday April 13. I'd entertain any shore dive on the island and willing to share with the vehicle costs. I'm targeting 2-3 dives per day. We were last in Bonaire in April 2018 and was able to dive 10 times, including a few at the Divi house reef and several other sites. (e.g. Salt Pier, Invisibles)

Other options I'm considering include mixing in a few boat dives and/or taking the PADI AOW class. Just in the planning stages now.

Thanks
Darrell
If you can't find a buddy for shore diving, then doing some boat dives is definitely a good idea, as you will be able to get paired up on the boat with someone. Doing some additional training also sounds like a good idea, if you can't find any shore dive buddies. I would have suggested doing a PADI Self-Reliant or SDI/TDI Solo diving certification, but you need a minimum of 100 dives to take that (PADI anyway). Pretty sure SDI/TDI also requires a certain minimum, but don't quote me on that.

My guess is that you will be able to find some folks to dive with once you are there, if you don't find someone here on Scubaboard prior. Best of luck and enjoy the diving!

If you can't find a buddy for shore diving, then doing some boat dives is definitely a good idea, as you will be able to get paired up on the boat with someone. Doing some additional training also sounds like a good idea, if you can't find any shore dive buddies. I would have suggested doing a PADI Self-Reliant or SDI/TDI Solo diving certification, but you need a minimum of 100 dives to take that (PADI anyway). Pretty sure SDI/TDI also requires a certain minimum, but don't quote me on that.

My guess is that you will be able to find some folks to dive with once you are there, if you don't find someone here on Scubaboard prior. Best of luck and enjoy the diving!

Thanks Trailboss123

Back
Top Bottom