Buddy Finder, USA only?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

remi101

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Curious as to why the buddy finder only asks for US Zip code for searching. Do you assume that only Americans dive or have access to the site? Why not have a City and Country search?

There is no counter-Canadian conspiracy here...nor is it a ridiculous assumption that only Americans dive.

The simple reason is: When we paid the developer for the application that we had designed; the options available to us were U.S. Zip Codes and Latitude/Longitude.

If someone wants to enter in all of the worldwide postal codes, and the relationships to lat/lon coordinates into the system, that would be great. Then we can do that.

There is no counter-Canadian conspiracy here...nor is it a ridiculous assumption that only Americans dive.

The simple reason is: When we paid the developer for the application that we had designed; the options available to us were U.S. Zip Codes and Latitude/Longitude.

If someone wants to enter in all of the worldwide postal codes, and the relationships to lat/lon coordinates into the system, that would be great. Then we can do that.

:D very well put. :D

There is no counter-Canadian conspiracy here....

Are you sure?

tin-foil-hat.jpg

But in all seriousness, the LAT/LON works just as well as the ZIP code so I like that option. I personally use Google Earth to get LAT/LON coordinates for tons of things. I will use that to program my GPS more often then an address.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom