Buddy Keeps Kicking Me in the FACE!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dumpsterDiver

Banned
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Yesterday's dives. Got kicked twice in the face and as an added bonus: we had a Lemon Shark come in hard and also a Hammer Head made a pretty direct, vertical charge while we were on a safety stop. I never seem to have the camera running when the sharks first come in.

Lets see how video posting works on the new site..

That lobster seemed to go in without too much of a fight - that is not one of those bite your fingers off FL lobsters is it? :)
Nice video.

Nice fish.

I have to apologize... I chuckled when you got kicked. More so at your audible response.

And bro, you're like a shark magnet. What's the deal man? It's seems like every video I see of you there's sharks on your ass. I'm confident now that little baby shark you bit on the nose has spread the word and they are all out to get you!!!

Love the video... HATE the loaded spear guns with two divers in the water... Like to see a little better control as to where they are pointing... :wink: Not a big fan of team spearfishing...

Jim...

We try to be careful with the guns, not sure exactly what gave you concern. I try hard to keep my gun pointing down and away, as much as is possible?

As for the sharks.. strange that I was carrying bloody fish in a bag and in both instances the sharks came in hard on my son.

No, It wasn't like you were not trying to be very safe.. I could tell you were... But, Anytime you have more than one diver in the water it's very hard to not get those seconds that a speargun is not pointed in the area of another diver.. Anding video taping to the workload makes it that much harder... Like getting kicked in the face... I know your son didn't do it on purposes...

Jim...

Well.. he's 17 and we are in 90 feet, with sharks around...I'm not letting him dive solo...:wink:

Well.. he's 17 and we are in 90 feet, with sharks around...I'm not letting him dive solo...:wink:

And to think... At 15 I was Wreck diving in 170' solo off Long Island , NY.... I now know how much I drove my Mom crazy. And again, Please don't take my post the wrong way.. I do understand... I know how safe of a diver you are from the years of reading your posts...

Jim...

Nice fish.

I have to apologize... I chuckled when you got kicked. More so at your audible response.

And bro, you're like a shark magnet. What's the deal man? It's seems like every video I see of you there's sharks on your ass. I'm confident now that little baby shark you bit on the nose has spread the word and they are all out to get you!!!

Raw video from his head cam..And we get to see my bad "trim"... of course who wants to be flat when your head is on a swivel for sharks..LOL

And to think... At 15 I was Wreck diving in 170' solo off Long Island , NY.... I now know how much I drove my Mom crazy. And again, Please don't take my post the wrong way.. I do understand... I know how safe of a diver you are from the years of reading your posts...

Jim...

I was 15 diving doubles and dry suit off NJ (solo) , but the max depth was only 130 ft. I'm hoping he can avoid many of my less then stellar decisions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom