Buddy near Morrison for a dive on March 14th?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skbdogman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey, I realize this is short notice, but I'm up at Fort Rucker, AL, for just a few more days before heading back to the North East, and they plan to let us out of school early tomorrow. I was looking for anyone who may be interested in diving Morrison Springs tomorrow afternoon. I did Vortex a couple of Sundays ago, and would do it again if I have to, but Morrison looks like a lot more fun. I've been by there twice, and the last time was right after the storms came two Thursdays ago, and it looked pretty rough. Might be clear by now.

Anyone interested in a dive tomorrow afternoon?

My email is skbdogman@hotmail.com

Morrison is high, no vis. I took the boat in a couple mile down stream. I went into Morrison, when I came out, ran into a gator 10 - 12 ' at the mouth. If you want to dive, I could make Cypress

ScubaKris,

Thanks for the quick reply. Where is Cypress? I'm not familair with that Spring. Is that near Vernon? Any shops nearby, or would I have to pick up a tank and some weights on the way? I should have everything else.

You'd have to pick up tanks/weights from Vortex. The boatlaunch you need to launch on to get to Cypress is about 30-40 min from Vortex, in Vernon.

Water levels look low at Morrison, when did you dive Kris?

Thanks for the hospitality all, but I woke up around 4am this morning with chills, a fever, and a cough I can't stop. Think I better thumb this one before I even get to the water.

I guess I'll just have to come back to FL another day and see all the rest of the beautiful springs you have to offer. They are quite a treat for us divers from the North East.

Thanks for the consideration,
Shawn

Vortex near by. I have lots of weights found another 7 pounds at Morrison a couple of weeks ago.

Got hit bya Tornado, been chain sawing trees,

I have tanks as well

Morrison still have a shop, or has the county not set up yet?

I saw someone say get your tanks at Vortex

Morrison hasn't had a running shop in years, the building is still there, but boarded up. Vortex will have the closest rental/fills available.

thanks bugman. I saw post about no real "open" hours, a sometimes locked gate, and a side entrance (boat?). What is the norm nowadays?
We used to dive there in highschool and college...but i've been away from home for awhile now. Is the tree still across the basin?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom