Buddy Needed - Dutch Springs - Aug 13

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GeraldBarber

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm looking for a buddy to go diving with this Saturday. In the interest of full disclosure, these will be my first OW dives since becoming certified last month. I'd like to do some exploration but I also need to work on proper weighting (I don't think I was ever properly weighted during my certification dives), bouyancy control, and getting my air consumtion down (on my certification dives I was going through a tank of air in ~35 minutes). If anyone is available and interested in helping me out please let me know. Thanks.

Jerry

Hiya Jerry,

There will be a bunch of guys up from Wreck Valley this weekend, in various stages of training, testing, diving and just having fun. I will be going up on Friday and staying through Sunday. I'm a new guy as well, so we can play with your weighting (what I'm still doing myself. Getting pretty close too! Anyway, seems I have better luck diving with new guys. :D

I'll PM you my cell phone #.

Jack

GeraldBarber:
I'm looking for a buddy to go diving with this Saturday. In the interest of full disclosure, these will be my first OW dives since becoming certified last month. I'd like to do some exploration but I also need to work on proper weighting (I don't think I was ever properly weighted during my certification dives), bouyancy control, and getting my air consumtion down (on my certification dives I was going through a tank of air in ~35 minutes). If anyone is available and interested in helping me out please let me know. Thanks.

Jerry

I might go up Saturday afternoon and dive then camp. Look for Ben and Ben on the peninsula side, top of the hill near the toilets. They will have a big green tent, and a green canopy with blue sides. If I am going to be there, I have a huge orange and grey tent and well be set up with them.

I like to thank Jack and Johnny for being willing to dive with me this weekend. I'm not happy about having to cancel my first chance to go diving after my certification but unfortunately I suddenly came down with some illness last night and right now I'm not up to diving.

Jerry

GeraldBarber:
I like to thank Jack and Johnny for being willing to dive with me this weekend. I'm not happy about having to cancel my first chance to go diving after my certification but unfortunately I suddenly came down with some illness last night and right now I'm not up to diving.

Jerry

Jerry,
It is better to not go diving when you are not 100% than trying to push yourself. If you feel better swing on by. If not, someone from WV is almost always at a quarry or on a boat(s).
Take care,
Ben

I'll miss Dutch this weekend, though I'll be diving in LI Sound. Finally will be able to do the peak bouyancy dive with shop that certified me (Swim King Scuba). I'm sure you'll be having fun though.

I've really grown to like that place. :D

John

jbliesath:
Good luck with the class, John. Maybe we'll get in another dive before the end of the year.

Jack

The class went well. It turns out I was somewhat overweighted. My OW checkout dives I used 30lbs and I dropped it to 28 last weekend. Dutch I prolly go from 26 to 24. I was able to hold at about 10 ft w/ no line just using my breath (and the boat ladder as a reference), but my tank was still half full (65 mins. @ 20ft.)

I'm curious if I can drop it to 26 in the ocean and 22 in FW, but I'm not sure. I don't think so..., but what do I know.

GeraldBarber:

Jerry

If you can get away during the week sometime, drop me a PM, I'm allways looking for weekday buddies. I try not to go to Dutch on weekends.

Congrats!

I've heard the PPB is a worthwhile class. I've dropped 10 lbs and am currently diving at 30lbs at DS. I know I'm still overweighted but need that much to break the surface.

Let me know if you are going up to DS. Probably will be the end of the month for me, unless I suddenly get rich! If I do, me an Jonny R. will be doing business. :D

Jack

Scuba_Dooba_NJ:
The class went well. It turns out I was somewhat overweighted. My OW checkout dives I used 30lbs and I dropped it to 28 last weekend. Dutch I prolly go from 26 to 24. I was able to hold at about 10 ft w/ no line just using my breath (and the boat ladder as a reference), but my tank was still half full (65 mins. @ 20ft.)

I'm curious if I can drop it to 26 in the ocean and 22 in FW, but I'm not sure. I don't think so..., but what do I know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom