budget liveaboards?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi There,

Can someone please recommend a place(s) for budget liveaboards? I am not looking for something at the lowest level, but something that might be considered good value (below 20k for 4N). Are there any good specials on at the moment?

The season is almost over and I would like to get on a couple of trips. I am based in Phuket, but dont mind catching a transfer to any other place.

Thanks in advance!

You can either go on a last minute offer, there are some attractive options at the moment, or on a budget boat that offers good value for money year round. On for example this or this boat you can have a place in a shared cabin for 19,300 Baht including national park fees.

D7 Similans - Liveaboard diving Similans and Phuket Thailand with Thailand Liveaboards (thailand-scuba.com)
Burma Entrance Fees 200 US$

Divers helping finance the Junta?

Hi ya,

There are some great deals around at the moment including tranfers up to Khao Lak from Phuket.

My recommendation would be MV Dolphin Queen - excellent value at 18,800 Thai Baht in a quad bed cabin.

Book something soon as trips are filling up with the season finishing soon.

Under 20K is a low budget boat, the Dolphin Queen is full until April 12th, there are others based out of Khao Lak that are similar price. From Phuket, the West Coast Explorer had a last minute 17500 Baht for the trip departing today.. can't say for sure if the same price will apply to the next trip departing 23rd.. normal price is 25,000 Baht. Park fees 1600 Baht for any 4 day trip.

....or you could do a 3-day trip to island 9/Bon/Tachai/Richelieu for 18K :wink:

Try khaolakscubaadventures.com.
I was there one week ago and everything was just fine.
They do daytrip with chance of overnight on Similan/Kho BOn, or either 4days/4nights on liveaboard departing from Khao Lak for around 20K bath.

How far in advance do I need to book a liveaboard reservation for the Similans? Timeframe is the last two weeks in January 2011.

Last edited:
How far in advance do I need to book a liveaboard reservation for the Similans? Timeframe is the last two weeks in January 2010.

Few days before the first dive should be fine, if not having any special requirements.

Thanks for the reply. I am glad to hear that it does not need to be done months in advance, as some of the booking websites imply.

Of course, that timeframe should be January 2011.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom