Buffalo Chicken Strips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Darn. I had to go into the kitchen and look. C-A-Y-E-N-N-E
cayenne pepper. :wink:

It's Cayenne Pepper :)

I do enjoy it - cayenne has a definite flavor to it instead of that pure bite. Granted, you can get cayenne that definitely has bite. But for wings/strips I like to have the bite that habanero can bring to a recipe. I like cayenne in things like jambalaya where you want spice and flavor. I've got a sauce that I like to use when I want Cayenne called "Figs One Drop". It's a very good, flavorful cayenne pepper sauce that I like to put on a lot of things.

The Frank's sauce has a good flavor, with a hint of sour to it. It just doesn't reach out and grab you that much. The habanero add's that to it pretty well.

I have seen it spelled Cayann, Cayanne, and Cayenne but I think the latter is by far the most common. The others probably just developed since not many people seem to know how to spell it.

I can also get a pretty decent pre-made wings sauce around here - it's called Anchor Bar wing sauce - they claim to be the bar that invented buffalo wings.

Yes, they "invented" them back around 1963 or so but the last few times I had their wings they were less than great. You do not need to buy a special wing sauce unless you want to spend extra money. All it takes is good wing pieces, hot oil, hot sauce and some melted butter. Add blue cheese dressing and celery and carrots and you have a good but fattening meal/snack.

Question? Why not just use a sprinkling of ground cyhanne(even worse spelling) pepper instead of hot sauce?

If you do not use the melted butter, it's not manditory, the cayenne will fall off plus it just wouldn't be the same. I can't explain why, maybe you have to grow up eating them to understand.... :shocked:

...All We do is Cook down here...My roomate is a culinary cook manager for Marriott hotels..

6 ounces Louisiana Hot Sause (or Your Brand)
1/2 stick of butter
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoon Dijon mustard

Cook the Sauce separately ...then dip the wings into them just prior to serving...They are out of this world..

Not hot enough...Add Habanero..."OUCH"

armyscuba:
...All We do is Cook down here...My roomate is a culinary cook manager for Marriott hotels..

6 ounces Louisiana Hot Sause (or Your Brand)
1/2 stick of butter
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoon Dijon mustard

Cook the Sauce separately ...then dip the wings into them just prior to serving...They are out of this world..

Not hot enough...Add Habanero..."OUCH"

Man I got alot of ???? So you just deep fry the wings, first, with nothing on them? What kind of oil? And how hot??

benncool:
Man I got alot of ???? So you just deep fry the wings, first, with nothing on them? What kind of oil? And how hot??
Yep, nekkid wings. I like using rice oil, it's made local & has a smoking point 30° higher than peanut.
Canola is a fair 3rd place choice.
Fry at 375° (hot)

Yes, always start with Naked Wings..if You watch anyplace that makes wings..You can Broil them or Deep Fry them..but fix the chicken separately from the sauce, then roll them around in it after..it gives them the best taste. Same thing with Ribs...

benncool:
Question? Why not just use a sprinkling of ground cyhanne(even worse spelling) pepper instead of hot sauce?

The sauce will stick better than the Cayenne pepper .........

Don

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom