Buford

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adm3745

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone try to get to Buford lately? If it is unable to get to, around what time of year does it start to get "promising"?

I was at Eagles Nest last weekend and it was pretty wet. My guess is going to be that Bufurd is out for a while. I am hoping to do it around the first of Feb. That way maybe all the rain will have stopped long enough for it to dry out.

The winter months.

I read that posting on Walters site. that said no way to get there.

I was there the day before that post and I had no problems.

And I am going to ask this because he keeps posting. Why is a cavern diver doing repetitive dives at eagles nest? Can cavern divers do this dive?

Why is a cavern diver doing repetitive dives at eagles nest? Can cavern divers do this dive?
Sure, I know of 2 untrained divers who dove EN. One of them was basic, the other couldn't pass cavern.

Link to more info about said divers-
untitled

I haven't dove Eagles Nest. From the map it looks like it gets pretty serious in a hurry. I'd like to check out the "Cavern" area but realistically I'll wait and earn the opportuinity to do a cave dive there.

Your saying that Buford is accessible within reason at this time?

I really need to dive Buford. That is one hole I have not been in, but I will make it this year. Anyone who's been there want to be my guide?

I really need to dive Buford. That is one hole I have not been in, but I will make it this year. Anyone who's been there want to be my guide?

Sure, tell me when :)

How far is the actual swamp walk? Looks like a four wheeler trail after the gate, then how far off trail until you get to the spring?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom