bunaken beach resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chocolate

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone tried this or have heard of this resort?
How is it?

I have a hard time finding reviews on them...

We stayed next to this place, so I can't tell you about the resort ... but I can say that we loved waking up to that sunrise view looking over toward Tangkoko. Also, you're in a much quieter location without being too far from most of the dive sites. It's about a five minute boat ride to the majority of them from there, and you have two superb sites right out in front ... Timur I & II. Pristine hard coral on top, and the wall produced one of the best night dives we've ever done ... tons of big crabs, basket stars on the move, etc.

Looks pretty well regarded here ...

Bunaken Beach Resort (Bunaken Island, Indonesia) - Inn Reviews - TripAdvisor

I think that they are next to Two Fish Divers, which has a great reputation on Bunaken and similar level of accommodation .

We stayed next to this place, so I can't tell you about the resort ... but I can say that we loved waking up to that sunrise view looking over toward Tangkoko. Also, you're in a much quieter location without being too far from most of the dive sites. It's about a five minute boat ride to the majority of them from there, and you have two superb sites right out in front ... Timur I & II. Pristine hard coral on top, and the wall produced one of the best night dives we've ever done ... tons of big crabs, basket stars on the move, etc.

Looks pretty well regarded here ...

Bunaken Beach Resort (Bunaken Island, Indonesia) - Inn Reviews - TripAdvisor
Thanks, Kristalmeneses, for bumping this thread with your clumsy spam effort.

Highdesert, how's the snorkeling out front? My wife is a surface snorkeler--no diving involved--so a healthy shallow reef is a huge draw for us.

It's easy wading over a smooth, sandy/sea grass bottom out to the reef. The wall is maybe 175 meters out, but even out that far I think the reef top is only 5 meters deep, and very pretty. You probably start to see coral at 100 meters out. Good variety of healthy hard coral, and lots of little fishies ... very colorful. I think it would be prime snorkeling, especially in the morning. For diving, this is a beautiful wall with very little traffic. Dive boats favor sites around the top and bottom of the island. Especially good at night ... tons of big crabs, giant basket stars, etc.

Bunaken offer excelent snorkeling oppurtunity - viz. is good to excelent - on the best day can easily reach 30 to 40 m, the snorkeler will see more than divers.
When we stayed at 2fish 3 years ago, we met with a couple who stayed there for 2 weeks for snorkeling and "working" only. Later, from their web, I know they are well known composer and song writter.

Back
Top Bottom