Bunaken+Lembeh 12 nights trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interceptor we will miss each other at twofish as I am there 4-19th at twofish lembeh, and have 2 got myself a couple of macro lens for my camera. Very much excited too. Hopefully will get a day at bangka and possibly hit east lembeh also!!

[FONT=lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]Yes, I had heard that Opo was working again. He is great guide and great fun. he will play guitar and sing to you at night. [/FONT]

Interceptor we will miss each other at twofish as I am there 4-19th at twofish lembeh, and have 2 got myself a couple of macro lens for my camera. Very much excited too. Hopefully will get a day at bangka and possibly hit east lembeh also!!

Shame. I hope you have a great trip. Post the pictures when you get back!!!

Departure date is approaching and the dilemma is which lenses to use (for video)
Typically 70-75 degrees horizontal coverage is deemed to be wide for video but I also have a 93+ degree option
Is there anything really big either wreck or large fish demanding such lens?

Some other great suggestions thanks everybody
So I have changed the provisional plan to 5 nights in Bunaken and 7 in Lembeh
Twofish have confirmed that the transfer to Lembeh is in the afternoon so it is possible to do two morning dives in Bunaken and then leave most likely with equipment still dripping water! In any case I think I will leave this card to play at later stage. If I really like it I will do those dives if not i will skip and have a dry days that after 4 days with 4 dives a day maybe is not a bad thing.
I have checked about the night dives in Bunaken and there are some good spots as some of you indicate plus possible mandarin fish dives so I think I will try and have a dusk or night dive each day at Bunaken. In Lembeh it will be 4 dives per day and if I got the mandarin out of the way it will only be night dives.
So right now the total is 38 dives split with 16 in Bunaken and 22 in Lembeh that sounds about right and one dry day in between with other potential 2 morning dives.
There is a saddle discount and I got a quote for €1284 for the whole package accommodation, transfers and 38 dives as described. Value for money is great am sure I will pleased with the budget room and shared toilets!
I also managed to get some flights London to Manado with Sinapore air at the lower possible fare for £652 now I need to find a way to squeeze the equipment and camera gear in 20 Kg plus carry on!

Consider buying a Scottevest or other travel vest or jacket with LOTS of pockets. I am going to Bangka and Lembeh in the fall and hope to get my reg, housing, lenses and any other heavy/valuable/important stuff into the pockets in my Scottevest. It will not be comfortable to sit in, but that is what overhead and underseat storage is for. Checked bag for wetsuit, fins, BCD, toiletries, extra clothes, etc. Carry on bag for the rest of the important things you absolutely need.
Have fun and take lots of pictures

I have a lowerpro vertex AW10 and it fits all my housing tray lenses lights and power supply plus laptop. The only items I have in carry on are the floats.

I don't take my reg as carry on anymore as it damages the other items in the backpack, what I do is to take it apart so that hoses don't take more space than needed. My bag is 3kg by itself which means I am left with 17 kg for dive gear and clothes the gear is 10.5 Kg as I have now full foot fins so that still leaves me 6.5 Kg for other items that to be honest is plenty.
The only reason I pack my camera gear in carry on is because that is the only gear that can't be replaced anywhere as it is very specific. I got over packing regulators since I moved into photo and video

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom