Bunaken/Lembeh combo with family options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gee13

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Im possibly planning a Bunaken/ Lembeh trip for May next year, just wanted to find out what resort options are avail 3-4* for myself as diver and travelling with family with kids. Im looking a Tasik Ria which is well priced resort. Not sure where to go in Lembeh that's family friendly and not overpriced, which I see most of Lembeh resorts are with the exception of Lembeh Divers Lodge. NAD might be ok as well. A pool and beach is preferrable.

btw Is it worth the drive to Manado to have dinner at the restaurants if we stay at Tasik Ria?

At this stage its betwen Cocotinos, Tasik Ria or Kima Bajo at Manado.

Lembeh Resort vs Kungkungan at Lembeh.

Anyone care to help me select? Thanks

Last edited:
Gee13

I always traveling with my family - 2 kids but they're diver too.
In Lembeh, we stayed at KBR, and they love it.

More choice in Manado accomodation - you can consider Santika and Sedona.
I don't know how good their dive operation but Sedona is a 5* hotel with complete facilities for families; located closer to Manado than Tasik Ria.
I like Raja Sate restaurant in Manado - there's also 3 big mall with plenty restaurant and cafe - in my opinion better and cheaper compared with hotel food.

Eco Divers - who used to manage Kungkungan Bay Resort and the diving there until August 2009 - are offering great deals on combined packages for Bunaken and Lembeh. For the Bunaken part you stay at Kima Bajo Resort right opposite Bunaken, so short boat rides.
At Lembeh they are running the new Lembeh Cottages - quite a different kind of thing compared to the usual resorts. No pool or beach though.
Diving is in small groups on very comfortable boats - so this might be something to try. Check www.eco-divers.com.

Thanks guys, have narrowed down to Cocotinos for Bunaken diving and Black Sands in Lembeh. Anyone dived there before? I have heard good things. Cocos has a pool, not much of beach, but Black Sands has a small beach. Should be enough.

Wisnu, I looked at Sedona, looks good but not heard of the dive op there, also 45 min boat ride as opposed to only 20min from Cocotinos is big difference.

Anyone also know of whether can take return taxi from Cocotinos to Manado city? and costs? Would love to check out that Raja Sate restaurant.

Gee
Never been to cocostinos but I believe no meter taxi standby there. You have to ask the resort to drop you to city - not sure how much but if I have to guess will not less than Rp. 100,000. There's meter taxi in town.
Other option is to rent a car with driver - typically will cost you Rp. 300,000 for 6 hours or Rp. 400,000 - 500,000 per 12 hours (excl. petrol) will give you more flexibility to visit any location mall and restaurant.
Last time Eurodiver handled the dive operation in Sedona, seem no longer.
Santika is closer to the town as well as to Bunaken but no beach.
I recommend you to visit minahasa highland and tondano lakeand stop by at the restaurant danau tondano and enjoy this just for less than USD 7 per portion
crayfish2.jpg

Definitely take the wee ones to Tangkoko Park to see the tarsiers. It's an easy half day trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom