Bunaken Village Resort/Coral Parks Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sffrenchman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
While there are quite a number of reviews about many dive ops on Bunaken on this site and others, I have found only a few reviews on Bunaken Village Resort and their dive op named Coral Parks Diving. Their prices are very attractive and I would appreciate if anyone who has been there recently could provide some feedback, both on the hotel and the dive op.

I do not need a lot of luxury, as long as the place is relatively clean and that there is fresh water to shower.

Thanks a bunch.

I have dove with Sulawesi Dive Quest Bunaken. Very Budget.

The lower end resorts will have Mandy style bathrooms.

This translates into no running water. There will be buckets filled with water and you give yourself a splash bath. Toilets flush by scooping water into the toilet.

If going budget, ask the question it that bothers you. Otherwise, great diving very cheap. My cost was $100 per day for room 3 meals and 4 dives. Doesn't get much cheaper than that.

We stayed in BVR in dec2009/Jan2010. Very nice place, all comfortable and clean. Bathroom was little worn, the shower was leaking and some mildew here and there but it was a rainy season!. Problem - braked water only, no fresh water except for drinking, but we got used, hot water was available only in beach side cottages, that we got also used. Food was normal, little silent social life but it was Xmas and NY, so most people travelled home. They have massage available now and she was good. House was cleaned every day, couldn't get dry towels daily as it was rainy season but that's also ok. one has to understand that it's better to save nature/energy thus have chance for such pristine places, than to demand all new, dry, clean. Don't know what the dive op is called for BVR, thought it's the same name (guess some changes has recently been in op), so dive equipment was little worn out for wetsuits, boots, fins, BCDs but we were beginners, so not big risk. DMs were great, controlled us often while diving, briefed, noticed a lot life, etc. AND it was a holiday time, everyone of us is human, they too, so even if some little mistakes happened, it was humane. Also everything is soo close, all can be corrected within minutes. And in turn DMs were very flexible to satisfy our demands.
BVR dive boat is the best, comfortable and fastest on the whole island!
They are one of 2 resorts who have family cottages. BVR has 2, for the same price as regulars.
OH!!! BVR is the only who has POOL and every guest was enjoying it very much - funny how you can still enjoy water after all that diving!
we liked BVR was small and quite new, not so blasting music as neighbor resort, The DInsturctor they presently use was very flexible and understanding to get our teenage daughters finished with PADI. I guess you don't get in most of the places such flexibility without extra costs.
Can strongly suggest Bunaken Village Resort as value for your money.

Back
Top Bottom