Bungee straps for Perdix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’ve just been using the buckle straps since I bought the Perdix but I am unsure how much I like them. Do you guys prefer the bungee tubes that come with it over the buckles?
I use a bungee because I find it easier to put on and off.

Like I mentioned in thread I had used the surgical tubes. Recently I noticed that the tubes were stiff and started to crack a bit.

Since then I have replaced with a bungee with knots added so that if it fails in one point the whole thing does not come undone (like someone mentioned in this thread). No issues so far.

Were did you guys find the right size bungee cord. I just have what came with it.

Were did you guys find the right size bungee cord. I just have what came with it.
I bought mine online by the meter. I think I bought it from this website, but you can probably find a local website in Canada ?

https://www.ropelocker.co.uk

Just measure the diameter of the hole and buy something the same size or a bit smaller ?

Make sure to use a proper knot to tie it and burn the ends with a lighter once you are done.

I've bought it at climbing/camping stores. Makes it easy to get the right size. I like 3/16th". It's pleasantly plump but not too chubby.

Yes, the single finger, or bolt-snap, doff is pretty slick. I use a long bolt snap on left D-ring for compass and 2 computers (when I'm not diving).

I don't understand "the single finger or bolt snap doff"?? Is this some mystical technique that is handed down through the secret society of Shearwater owners? :p

in case it isn’t obvious, the purpose for the extra knot is to make sure that if the bungee breaks you still will have one loop secure through the computer. You could achieve the same thing by using two separate loops, but most of us just use one loop crisscrossed.

I tend to use a couple of knots underneath the computer, but I don’t think it matters.
I have two loops, for just that reason.

I used these instructions to make 2 loops, each with 2 fisherman's knots for my Teric, as well as my Cosmiq before that, and an analog compass. I'm sure it would work good on a Perdix as well. I used 1/8" shock cord. 1/4" or 3/8" would work too.

I don't understand "the single finger or bolt snap doff"?? Is this some mystical technique that is handed down through the secret society of Shearwater owners? :p
Apparently.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom