Bungee to thin!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluewaterSail

Happy in Doubles
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a design improvement suggestion for Scubapro for their pocket shorts. Larger diameter bungee.

original bungee in shorts2cropcompress.jpg
original bungee in shorts2smcrop1.jpgoriginal bungee in shorts2smcrop2.jpg
Twice when I went to get my SMB out of the pocket I just couldn't disconnect it from the bungee loop with out alot of fiddling around. OK, I know I don't really know what I'm doing, but this just didn't seen right. Finally I figured out what was happening. The bungee got behind the lever that you push to open the double ender, and stayed hooked there. This was keeping me from getting the SMB free. It seems to me that the bungee needs to be a larger diameter so it can't get stuck like that.

I was planning on replacing the bungee anyhow, because after about 30 dives with the shorts (many of which I did not take anything out of the pockets while in the water), the rubber is protruding from the sheath. On both pockets. I think that bigger bungee might hold up better. So that's a second justification for bigger bungee.

So my project for this rainy Saturday is to replace the bungee with larger.

I still like the shorts and don't regret buying them, but I feel that this is a design flaw.

Linda

Linda,
All product input from Dealers and consumers is forwarded to the product managers worldwide. All the best in diving; enjoy the shorts !

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom