Bungeed compass

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When diving drysuit it's not always a good idea to use the bungie aproach. If you get a leak on your glove or at your cuff, you can easily constrict the flow of cold water with the standard wristband by tighten it a few notches... With a bungie it's nearly impossible.

And for the argument that a normal wrist band becomes unbuckled, I have yet to experience that one, is it really that common?

Well it may be too late now, but you made a very valid point. The solution could be to wear my Rolex submariner either below or above the bungied compass. I'm dying for an excuse, but it's not exactly Hogarthian diving....or is it?

P.S. Is everyone else seeing a flaming chick instead of their personalized avatar? No wait – it's April 1st! Nice one :)

When diving drysuit it's not always a good idea to use the bungie aproach. If you get a leak on your glove or at your cuff, you can easily constrict the flow of cold water with the standard wristband by tighten it a few notches... With a bungie it's nearly impossible.

And for the argument that a normal wrist band becomes unbuckled, I have yet to experience that one, is it really that common?

So a Nice snug (but not too tight) bungee won't restrict water intrusion that results from a "holed" dry glove or failed seal?

OTOH, what are the potential DCS implications of tightening down your wrist strap to "tourniquet"?

Even if you could do so? Most "watch style" wrist straps are very hard to manipulate, even more so in the water with gloves on.

Tobin

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom