Buoyancy Arms

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Richard H

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone got experience of using these ?

I have a Canon G9, housed in the Canon housing and an ultralight rig with a single Inon Z240. I have yet to take it in the sea but it sinks in the bath. Anyone know if a single ultralight buoyancy arm will make this entire rig neutrally buoyant ?

Thanks

Hi Richard,

I don't have the exact same setup, but I have an SP-350 in the Oly housing with a D2000 and one 8" Ultralight buoyancy arm and it is still pretty negative.

I'm looking into adding Stix floats to see if I can make it closer to neutral.

Good luck,

Wally

I have a couple of ultralight bouyancy arms, and the floatation provided by the arm only seems to make that particular arm piece neutrally bouyant, and does nothing for the overall bouyancy of the rig.

Hi Richard,

The Stix floats will give more buoyancy than the Ultralight arms. There's a set of 4 jumbo floats that will attach to the regular Ultralight arms that will give a total of 1.6 lbs of lift. You'll need two 8 inch arms to fit all 4 floats, but you may not need all 4 to make it neutral. You can use a fish scale and attach it to the housing with a string and put the housing underwater to see how negative it is and dial it in exactly where you want it to be.

Jim

Hi Richard,

The Stix floats will give more buoyancy than the Ultralight arms. There's a set of 4 jumbo floats that will attach to the regular Ultralight arms that will give a total of 1.6 lbs of lift. You'll need two 8 inch arms to fit all 4 floats, but you may not need all 4 to make it neutral. You can use a fish scale and attach it to the housing with a string and put the housing underwater to see how negative it is and dial it in exactly where you want it to be.

Jim

Back
Top Bottom