Buoyancy of a pressurized Regulator??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Landlocked123

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Trying to calculate wing lift required. What is the buoyancy of a pressurized 1st and 2nd stage ? Would the air in the line offset the dry weight of the regulator set?

Lines are typically neutral. My newer (plastic) 2nd stages are near neutral, my metal ones are a little negative. 1st stages I figure about 1-2 pounds negative, many variables, yoke usually a little more negative than DIN, the presence of a turret makes a reg more negative.

... What is the buoyancy of a pressurized 1st and 2nd stage ? ...
OMG. Don't piecemeal it. Way too complicated, BTDT.

1) Weigh your entire rig (no air in either vest or wing but regs charged) underwater with a fish scale with tank at 500 psi. (Keep the fish scale out of the water while you do this.)

2) Get into your exposure protection, mask, fins, gloves etc, (no rig) and mess with your weight belt until you are neutral with half a breath of air in your lungs.

Lead is 10/11 as "heavy" underwater. Take it from there....

Pressurized air will weigh more than pressurized air. But the exercise is pretty much useless the difference is so trivial.

ok I will stick with the buoyancy rating stated on the specs of the regs themselves. Thank you for the replies.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom