Burleigh Falls....Why????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cavanhills

Registered
Reaction score
Good evening to all you fellow Kawartha Lakes Divers..
This is my first post on the scubaboard, and it comes a result of reading the posts regarding diving at Burleigh Falls. First of all, the diving at Burleigh is excellent - most dives will offer good visibility, an abundance of fish life, and the convenience of an underground cable to traverse - I am not knocking this site at all. My question is: Have any of you local divers explored / found any other interesting sites in the Kawartha Lakes area? It seems to me from reading this board that Burleigh is the primary dive location visited by local and distant divers. What about Fenelon Falls? I have seen many interesting geologic structures there, far superior to those seen at Burleigh - why is it not a popular destination? Perhaps it is, just trying to get a feel for those of you out there who like to try different locations..... For those of you who are interested in doing some diving in the Kawartha Lakes area, please PM me.. I am an experienced diver and a former VP of the Trident Underwater Club. Thanks!!!
M.W.

My buddy and I and a few others have been regularly getting out to different places around. Different areas on stoney lake, lovesick etc. Even Crow Bay (wow that was a bad one). We'll try anywhere once if it looks half doable. Last year we even headed to different places along the trent river between the university and lakefield just to jump in and try things. Depth is nothing but vis was nice. I've got a boat so it makes it a bit easier to try things. Even near burleigh there are some interesting places to go - in front of the Sportsman accross the bridge ( http://www.sitecode.com/~shoughton/Burleigh/pages/P1010035.htm - on the far left edge of this picture is where you go in) , just a one minute boat ride up to perry's creek (second picture, top left in this index: http://www.sitecode.com/~shoughton/Burleigh/pages/P1010036.htm)

So, we usually head up to kingston/brockville area, but if we head on during weeknights we tend to stick closer to home.

Theres a wreck in cameron lake i'd like to find sometime this year which is up fenelon falls way.

PM me if you're interested .

steve

steve

Steve? Did you ever find the stripped hull of the Anglo Saxon scuttled in circa 1894 in Cameron lake? Has anyone found it?
I would like to find it if it is still undiscovered.

You might look up John Van de Broek, in Peterborough, he's looked around Stoney Lake near Burleigh Falls for a wreck. Do not know if he found it or not.

Mike Dolson
(former Trident Club member)

Hi all, sorry for the slow response. went diving in Cayo Coco.
I tried, but John Van de Broek's number is no longer in service. Any other possible contacts to find the Anglo Saxon?

Theres a wreck in cameron lake i'd like to find sometime this year which is up fenelon falls way.

PM me if you're interested .

steve

steve

I do not know how to PM using this 'new' forum style. And I built my own computer. I must be blind to some option.

What Cameron Lake are you referring to? I have a cottage at cameron lake at quadeville ontario which is prolly at least 1.5 hour north east of burleigh falls.

Sorry for the delay, I'm referring the the Cameron Lake between Sturgeon Lake and Fenlon Falls on the Trent Severn Waterway?

Still looking for the Anglo-Saxon.
It was located by Provincial archaeological divers some years ago ( I believe they filmed it ); it was reportedly just a pile of lumber on the bottom - completely collapsed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom