Bush ok's Gulf of Mexico Drilling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy:
In 2001 a panel representing virtually all the world's governments and climate scientists announced that they had reached a consensus: the world was warming at a rate without precedent during at least the last ten millennia, and that warming was caused by the buildup of greenhouse gases from human activity. The consensus itself was at least a century in the making.

http://www.hup.harvard.edu/catalog/WEADIS.html

Ten millennia?

How many millenia have we been burning fossil fuels?

Wildcard:
Both sides are slanted.

if you want to think that all the scientists who have found evidence of global warming have an agenda, so be it

the bottom line is, there's enormous consensus in the scientific community that global warming is real and it's at least partially man-made

what you do with that, i guess, depends on your ideology

ReefHound:
Ten millennia?

How many millenia have we been burning fossil fuels?

reading compreshion, Hound

for at least the past ten millenia, the current warming rate has been unprecedented

by my calculations, i don't think we've burned any significant fossil fules (wood, coal, oil, etc.) for more than 6,000 years, with the real bulk happening during the past two centuries (i.e. the industrial revolution and after)

Carbon Dioxide is a natural, abundant chemical that is essential to the growth of all plants and trees. You and every other member of the planet's six billion human population emits CO2 every time they exhale. Termites produce ten times the amount of C02 than all the fossil fuels burned in a year worldwide. The technology of energy production, transportation, etc., has been calculated to be only 0.04 per cent. The UN Kyoto Climate Control Treaty is intended to control that! Do you think 0.04 per cent has any effect? The notion of calling CO2 a "pollutant" is ludicrous. Worse, it is a criminal fraud.

Lindzen does acknowledge that thousands of scientists from 120 countries have agreed, through the extraordinarily rigorous International Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) process, that human activity is driving global warming. He also acknowledges that this consensus was recently confirmed by a report prepared for Congress by the National Academy of Scientists.

http://thinkprogress.org/2006/06/26/wsj-gore/

That being said, I leave at 5 am for the Keys, weather permitting I have some work to do and some diving to do. I have a Sprint card for my lap top and will check in :D

Have fun.

oh nice...

bastird

:wink:

Again, is anyone saying it's not warming? Natural trend or all mans fault? The truth lies somewhere inbetween.
After last winters gulf storms, these same people claimed this year would be far worse, due to global warming. So far, not much of anything.

H2Andy:
oh nice...

bastird
Your meds are wearing off :lol:
this should push you over the edge:
Let's understand something. The members of the United Nations' Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change are not scientists. The constant media rubric that the IPCC is the voice of scientists is just plain wrong. They are representatives of various nations, i.e., bureaucrats, and their reports over the years about an impending global warming have been routinely revised up and down to fit the times.

My motor home is clean and feuled for the drive, should be in Islamorada by 6pm-ish :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom