Bush ok's Gulf of Mexico Drilling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hey, it's not my metaphor (yea it's a bad one) that is at issue here

it's the 920+ articles (all peer reviewed) that support global warming, and the claim Bill51 made that the whole thing is based on ONE un-peered reviewed article...

hmmm....

Reef, why don't you take a whack at that one?

Bill51:
The majority of those studies listed started with the assumption that the Dr. Mann/IPCC climate changes were valid.

ok, so now there's more than one ... in fact... there's 920+

and... what you say is not true ... those articles were written prior to the IPCC report ... in fact, they were used by the IPCC to examine what the state of the art was in climatology

again, you can't make the facts be what you want them to be. do you research this at all, or just copy from right-wing blogs on the internet?

rookers:
I believe its been published in numerous locations that ExxonMobil is responsible for funding a great deal of the 'climate change dissent' community. Taking its cue from the tobbacanista lobby.
Exxon has contributed a drop in the bucket to climate change research and lobbying compared to what the environmental groups and the UN have invested, and they are only a small part of the businesses and organizations that are trying to get what the UN claims they’d provide in the form of “open and transparent” studies. It’s just that Exxon happens to be in the news because they had the guts to come forward with the threats made against them by 2 Senators who basically said if you don’t stop publishing research that contradicts us we’ll make your life miserable with Senate investigations.

http://www.dailymail.com/story/Opinion/+/2006120512/Editorial:<br>Rockefeller-is-out-of-line/

Bill51:
Exxon has contributed a drop in the bucket to climate change research and lobbying

and isn't that a shame ... they should be pouring billions into climate research

why don't they? because they know the answers and don't want them to come out

in the meantime, they do finance anti-global-warming "critics" as best they can, to keep obfuscating the waters

hey... it's business as usual:

Over the past decade, coal and oil interests have funneled more than $1 million to about a dozen individual global-warming skeptics as part of an effort to "reposition global warming as theory rather than fact," according to industry memos first uncovered by former Boston Globe journalist Ross Gelbspan.

From 2001 to 2003, Exxon Mobile donated more than $6.5 million to organizations that attack mainstream climate science and oppose greenhouse-gas controls. These think tanks and advocacy groups issue reports, sponsor briefings and maintain Web sites that reach a far wider audience than scholarly climate journals.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2002549346_globewarm11.html

this is lobbying and spin and laywerspeak at its worst ... it does make me sick to my stomach

H2Andy:

it's the 920+ articles (all peer reviewed) that support global warming, and the claim Bill51 made that the whole thing is based on ONE un-peered reviewed article...

hmmm....

Why don’t you take a whack at specifically offering a solution to the problem you see?

H2Andy:

hmmm....

"Do I look fat in this dress?", she asks. No thanks, not touching that.

Mainly I'm wondering WHY there would be 920 such studies if the previous ones were all so solid and peer reviewed. Sounds like a lucrative industry has been built here.

ReefHound:
Mainly I'm wondering WHY there would be 920 such studies if the previous ones were all so solid and peer reviewed. Sounds like a lucrative industry has been built here.

:shakehead

ok ... so now we have TOO MUCH PROOF folks...

yup... you got me on that one

Bill51:
Why don’t you take a whack at specifically offering a solution to the problem you see?

not obfuscating the facts and trying to deal with the problem would be a great start

would be great to keep politics out of it ... is it going to happen? no chance

H2Andy:
:shakehead

ok ... so now we have TOO MUCH PROOF folks...

yup... you got me on that one

When there are 920 studies out there, you don't wonder about the motivations of the group proposing study #921?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom