Butt Plate or Back D Ring for Recreational BCDs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Like @The Chairman said, he picked the BC that could use one. I dive only plates now, and wouldn't think of not having one in some form or another (conventional or split saddle).

It is not essential but once you have used one for a while, you really will wonder how you lived without one.

A crotch strap is a nice addition to a bcd for stability if you like it.

For the d-ring, DIY approach can be easy, just look for a bcd with a space to sew in a loop and a d-ring. A thick hem is a fine candidate (don't sew through the bladder). For something light you might even consider just using fabric glue and in that case you could add it to any bcd.

I can't think of a factory made bcd that offers what you're looking for at a reasonable price.
.Cameron

A crotch strap is a nice addition to a bcd for stability if you like it.

For the d-ring, DIY approach can be easy, just look for a bcd with a space to sew in a loop and a d-ring. A thick hem is a fine candidate (don't sew through the bladder). For something light you might even consider just using fabric glue and in that case you could add it to any bcd.

I can't think of a factory made bcd that offers what you're looking for at a reasonable price.
.Cameron

Dive Rite Travelpac works well. If you can find a Hunterpac though, that one is better

Without looking at the BC, I have no idea. One of my main criteria in any BC, and why I love the Zeagle Express Tech, is that I need to be able to add a crotch strap, to which I add a small butt plate to. No crotch strap, and the BC is not for me. I do put another D ring in the middle of this, so I have 3 total, and it keeps all danglies out of the way.

Where can I get one of this Mr. Chairman? :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom