Buy a Drysuit, and we will pay for you to Learn to use it

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Right In Scuba

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Thats right! You read it correctly. Purchase ANY Drysuit that Dive Right In offers and we will pay up to $150 for your drysuit class!!! Take it with your local instructor and we will send them a check for the class or reimburse you with a valid receipt!

Take a PADI Drysuit class before the end of the month, and also receive a free McNett Micro Fiber towel with their specialty of the month program!!

Dont let this slip by...This offer ends with the month of May

Please ask any questions in this thread or by PM

Link to Suits:
Dive Right In Scuba

Not a bad offer,but locally I charge $200. for a dry suit speciality.Student is required to purchase learning material as well.The 2 dives required for the speciality are $100. plus any associated boat fees($60. )Total cost is around $375....When they buy dry suit from me entire course is free.I would be happy to teach anyone who comes in with this deal from "Dive right In" but they would still have to pay full rate.

Wow, that's an awesome deal. I'll circulate this among our local divers!

Do you just need to buy the drysuit before May ends to get the class reimbursed?

-B

Yep :D....as for PADI specialty of the month, that would need to be taken and paperwork submitted for the free microfiber towel :wink:

Not a bad offer,but locally I charge $200. for a dry suit speciality.Student is required to purchase learning material as well.The 2 dives required for the speciality are $100. plus any associated boat fees($60. )Total cost is around $375.....I would be happy to teach anyone who comes in with this deal from "Dive right In" but they would still have to pay full rate.

Wow....thats an expensive 2 dive class, $375:popcorn:..... we also throw it in for those that buy a suit from us, but that used to just be available to local divers, now we are extending that and making it available to everywhere we have sold/sell suits.....the whole world.....even you guys in Russia Vladimir :wink:

Not a bad offer,but locally I charge $200. for a dry suit speciality.Student is required to purchase learning material as well.The 2 dives required for the speciality are $100. plus any associated boat fees($60. )Total cost is around $375....When they buy dry suit from me entire course is free.I would be happy to teach anyone who comes in with this deal from "Dive right In" but they would still have to pay full rate.

That is an expensive class... Here in the midwest most places are around the $150 mark. I know that is how much I paid for my class which included everything. But if that is the going rate up there in NY then that is the going rate. Some of the shops around here charge around $300 but for those classes you are buying your own set of zip seals for use with their rental suits.

That is a pretty kick a$$ offer from DRIS to extend that to everyone they sell suits too...

Phil

Not a bad offer,but locally I charge $200. for a dry suit speciality.Student is required to purchase learning material as well.The 2 dives required for the speciality are $100. plus any associated boat fees($60. )Total cost is around $375
Since your class is sooooo valuable, why don't you up the cost to a couple thousand dollars and throw in a free drysuit.

I would be happy to teach anyone who comes in with this deal from "Dive right In" but they would still have to pay full rate.

I'm sure you would. :rofl3:

Since your class is sooooo valuable, why don't you up the cost to a couple thousand dollars and throw in a free drysuit.

if the suit purchased from LDS the course is free.

I'm sure you would. :rofl3:

for those that think its expensive,figure the course,done properly,from learning about the different materials used in construction and undergarments,repairs from leaks to seal replacement, actually using suit, pool time is all costly.
Total time for academics alone can be 6-7 hours.
Pool time 3 to 4 hours.
Training dives 6 hr day.
So thats a grand total of 16 hrs.
That leaves $18.75 an hr..Out of that I pay for the pool, classroom time, certification card fee, insurance,etc...At that rate my course is not considered to be expensive.After expenses it clear maybe a big $12.50 per hr.How many of you work for that little??

for those that think its expensive,figure the course,done properly,from learning about the different materials used in construction and undergarments,repairs from leaks to seal replacement, actually using suit, pool time is all costly.
Total time for academics alone can be 6-7 hours.
Pool time 3 to 4 hours.
Training dives 6 hr day.
So thats a grand total of 16 hrs.
That leaves $18.75 an hr..Out of that I pay for the pool, classroom time, certification card fee, insurance,etc...At that rate my course is not considered to be expensive.After expenses it clear maybe a big $12.50 per hr.How many of you work for that little??

If you are taking on one student, that is a fair price. Personally, I wouldn't do a specialty for less than three people.

Back
Top Bottom