Buying advice needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trena... you are going to love the camera and strobe... just point the strobe above the subject and take the picture... with that advice, I saved you 40 dives of testing... Oh, I forgot to mention that I recently got contact lenses that I wear underwater. That improved my shots by about 80%... I can see what I am shooting, I can see if my shot was decent, and I can see when I need to take another picture of the subject. Previously, I took the shot and guessed that it was right... put my glasses on in front of the computer later and realized it was off of what I really wanted. Since February of this year, I have been able to see the picture I was taking (Made a big difference in my shots!)

thanks for the advice, cooltech! how do you have your metering set on your camera--the regular or spot metering?

i have a trick i learned from a friend, but haven't tried it myself yet. he said those triangular cosmetic sponges (that we of the female type use) work great for cleaning the dust/lint off the o-rings and maybe lenses too. thought i'd share... i got a 1GB SD card off Amazon for $5.39 or something like that, and i got delkin recharger with 2900 mAh AA's for the strobe and an extra set of bat's and some AA bat. cases from Thomas Distributing i think for less than $45 total, and of course an extra SL camera bat. i'm just waiting for next weekend now to hit the quarry and try it out! didn't get to use it in the pool yesterday, as had to let the lithium get fully charged and i also am waiting for the SD card to arrive. 4 pics for internal memory on best setting just wouldn't cut it....that would just piss me off! :wink:

have a great weekend!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom