Buying Basic Equipments in Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bettel

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all,

I will be visiting Thailand soon and interested to buy basic equipments like mask and fin.

I am new diver, so not sure what kind of fins and masks to buy *I know some basics like to try on my face etc. but for the fin, I would not know if it would make me tired or so.

any recommendations for models and where to buy cheap in Thailand to compare Europe prices.

Lastly, I m not a frequent diver, hopefully once a month during spring and summer.

would it worth to buy my own basic items?

I could say that most gear in Thailand is more expensive. It is classified as luxurious goods here by government and is quite taxed on import. I have been working here in diving for 4 yesrs and Im always happy when someone around me go back to europe so that they can bring cheaper stuff...

I totally agree. There are a lot of costs to the shops to import the goods to sell. Also most things are held at customs with extra fees to collect it. It is much cheaper in, well, most other countries.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom