Recommendations for Cape Town in January?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
jowe

jowe

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello there,

Very excited to be heading to (south of) Cape Town in Jan to stay with a friend. First time in South Africa and want to get some diving in, of course! I may well go for a dive or two with Pisces Divers - PADI 5 Star Instructor Development dive centre - Cape Town (as recommended by @Seameadow). However any tips, recommendations on where to dive and who with would be awesome.

I'm planning on taking much of my gear (BP/W, mask, snorkel, boots, fins, computer, etc), but the 7mm suit, while great for Monterey, would be overkill for summer over there. So I guess I'll try renting a 5mm(?), along with tanks and weights. Though rental suits and the female form - nope, not a great fit. Still, unless they are cheap over there, probably not worth buying.

Anyway, can't wait and hope to hear your thoughts!

You might want to check with the dive shop about the temps. When I lived in Cape Town most of our summer diving tended to be on the Atlantic side, and I would definitely wear a 7mm for that side. False Bay you will do fine with a 5mil.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom