BX inflator question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wjrussell

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Scott or whomever has a BX,
Does the BX inflator allow use of the dump valve at the end of the BC inflator hose? I'm thinking about upgrading, but I primarily dump air by yanking the inflator hose... I would hate to lose the ability to yank my hose.

If that's what I think you are talking about,it's not a line to a dump valve.It's just a dead man's line for not losing the power inflator if it gets snagged,or loose...and the high pressure hose comes off.It's a small cable that runs up the hose,and is attached to the plastic fitting going to the bladder...but it doesn't open that valve, At least on my cressi,sherwood and ocean pro it doesn't.
Yes. There's a metal bar that fits into the loop at the end of the cable that opens the dump valve.

Adam

However, it DOES connect to the Zeagle dump valve on the shoulder.

However, it DOES connect to the Zeagle dump valve on the shoulder.

Fisheater;Thanks for clearing that up for us...I was unaware that was the case.I just bought my first zeagle...albeit,it's just the power inflator for my old BC. I've heard the Zeagle is a good unit.

---------- Post Merged at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:24 PM ----------

I've looked in a few forums now....and still do not think that the cable activates a dump valve.The button at the end of the power inflator does not connect to this cable...not that I can see.I guess I'll look at my LDS and see a zeagle unit up close.

and still do not think that the cable activates a dump valve.
Actually it does, it's primarily the way I dump air on my Ranger when I'm vertical. I have the BX inflator but the standard Zeagle inflator does also.

Pulling down on the inflator activates the Remote Exhaust Valve located where the hose end attaches to the bladder. The cable is exactly the right length so that you're pulling on it and not the corrugated tube. http://www.zeagleexpress.com/gear/BCDS/POWER INFLATORS/Remote Exhaust valve.html

574.jpg

There's a little pin in the inflator that captures the loop end of the wire inside the corrugated hose. It's under the cable ties that secure the inflator to the corrugated hose.

I've looked in a few forums now....and still do not think that the cable activates a dump valve.The button at the end of the power inflator does not connect to this cable...not that I can see.I guess I'll look at my LDS and see a zeagle unit up close.

You're looking at the wrong thing. The button itself at the end of the inflator does NOT connect to the dump valve at your shoulder, it is the entire hose that connects. If you want to open the left shoulder valve to dump air, you pull the ENTIRE hose.

Correct. However, you should pull on the plastic inflator body - not the rubber hose!

The hose has to stretch pretty far to open the valve - but if you actually pull on the inflator body it only has to be puled a little!!

Thanks,

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom