C-5050 manual focus?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

torrey

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I did a search and didn't find anything that really covered this subject...although I did learn about ESP auto-focus and that explained why my focus would jump around sometimes.

Anyway, I hear alot of you talk about using manual focus. How exactly do you control the manual focus? The lens housing doesn't seem to be adjustable. Do you control it by moving toward and away from your subject?

Also, is there any way to turn the sound off? As in, the startup and shutdown sounds?

There is a way to shut off the sound. In the menu mode, I think you have to go to settings and there you can turn the beep on and off. Maual focus, when set as such, can be achieved by pushing the upper and lower buttons around the ok button. If you look at the CD that is included with your camera you will find the information there - much more than in the simple printed manual that was delivered with the camera.

torrey:
I did a search and didn't find anything that really covered this subject...although I did learn about ESP auto-focus and that explained why my focus would jump around sometimes.

Anyway, I hear alot of you talk about using manual focus. How exactly do you control the manual focus? The lens housing doesn't seem to be adjustable. Do you control it by moving toward and away from your subject?

Do you mean true manual focus or are you referring to auto focus versus full time auto focus?

Full time auto focus results in the lens "hunting" all the time. It uses more battery power as well as working the mechancs of the camera more.

Auto focus requires you to push the shutter halfway down for the camera to focus on the subject then all the way down to take the photo. This method is the most practical underwater.

Manual focus requires you to set the number of feet or inches you are from the subject on each photo. No need for that underwater.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom