C&C Photos from the Bahamas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris3D

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd post a few photos from a trip to the Bahamas for a little feedback. These are from dives on and around the island of Eleuthera. I had previously been to Grand Bahama, but found the diving so-so and the island too touristy. Eleuthera was just the opposite, in both cases.

Finally, after years of diving, I was able to photograph lionfish! And I continue to have a thing for stitching a bunch of photos together into panoramas, this time from inside a large coral cave, depth was around 50 to 60ft. I've heard mixed reports about the aggressiveness of morays, but this one took pretty well to a 10 minute barrage of strobe flashes.

I have more on my Picasa gallery here: Picasa Web Albums - Chris - Bahamas May 2008

Anyway, I'd love to hear what you guys think!

-Chris

cave.jpg

IMG_0781.jpg

IMG_0887.jpg

IMG_0283.jpg

IMG_0835.jpg

Last edited:
Chris, I really like the one from inside the cave. The lighting is a nice effect.

The lionfish is nicely lighted as well. You might think about cropping out the 2nd one that is showing you it's butt. It is sad to see them where they do not belong.

On the eel shot I would tone down the highlights, and lighten the shadows a bit. (Just my tastes.)

Well done with the School Masters. It is easy to blow them out. In the future try to think odd numbers. I know it is not always possible, but the mind prefers to see odd numbers in photos.

Back
Top Bottom